• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grahamcrakers comics

158 posts in this topic

:whistle:

Honestly, I don't even know what this means. Are you trying to imply something? If you have something to say, say it.

Jamie has been around a long time. He has had 8 or 9 stores in Chicago for as long as I can remember and he is a fixture on the convention circuit. He can be ornery and cantankerous, but generally speaking he is a good guy. He doesn't put up with BS, but I think people count him as honest.

I am not speaking for anyone else, but I have never had a bad dealing with him.

There are alot of fans of Jamie Graham.I am not one of them.

3 words:

Valiant Sneak Peak

-slym

Explain - I caught a brief mention of it on Valiant Fan but that was about it.

I'd love to know what this is about too.

I purchased from Graham Crackers at the local Milwaukee con numerous times when growing up. They were very nice to me which I felt was uncommon treatment as a young collector and they had a good selection. I don't know if I ever dealt with Jamie but that's my experience.

3 words:

Valiant Sneak Peak

-slym

I purchased from Graham Crackers at the local Milwaukee con numerous times when growing up. They were very nice to me which I felt was uncommon treatment as a young collector and they had a good selection. I don't know if I ever dealt with Jamie but that's my experience.

Is that climbing a mountain in stealth or something?

I've purchased from them in the past and felt they were a bit pricey and their grading could be off.

Their customer service was great. They had sent me a pretty banged up book and responded to me quickly with a solution.

Overall not a bad experience I just have my favorites that I stick with.

3 words:

Valiant Sneak Peak

-slym

Is that climbing a mountain in stealth or something?

I sure hope it is.

Have bought from him at the San Diego Con several times. I have had no problems. His prices are high, but he negotiates. Always has some nice books at the show. I started a conversation with some of his booth workers and found found them pretty approachable.

Experiences are like snowflakes, each one unique and a singular wonder all its own.

When that snowflake described over the phone in advance as "fresh out of the cloud" arrives pre-melted, I don't need another transaction to tell me to keep on searching.

Maybe the next transaction would have been much better. But there are so many sellers, first impressions are what leaves you with a perception of future transactions. Fair or not, that is just the approach I have gotten into now.

I still think it was a positive experience when they covered return shipping without pushback or argument. And everyone I spoke with was very polite on the phone (pre-sale and post-sale).

Experiences are like snowflakes, each one unique and a singular wonder all its own.

When that snowflake described over the phone in advance as "fresh out of the cloud" arrives pre-melted, I don't need another transaction to tell me to keep on searching.

Maybe the next transaction would have been much better. But there are so many sellers, first impressions are what leaves you with a perception of future transactions. Fair or not, that is just the approach I have gotten into now.

I still think it was a positive experience when they covered return shipping without pushback or argument. And everyone I spoke with was very polite on the phone (pre-sale and post-sale).

That's the thing. We've got people in this thread talking about their website design. Orders from their website. Web order grading. Their retail stores. Their retail staff. The convention set up and prices. The convention staff. Jamie himself. etc etc.

Lots of different aspects of the business. It's a huge operation and, given the scope, I can see people have great and not so great experiences. That might not happen with a one man operation or something smaller.

Glad they took care of your problems.

Honestly, I don't even know what this means. Are you trying to imply something? If you have something to say, say it.

Jamie has been around a long time. He has had 8 or 9 stores in Chicago for as long as I can remember and he is a fixture on the convention circuit. He can be ornery and cantankerous, but generally speaking he is a good guy. He doesn't put up with BS, but I think people count him as honest.

I am not speaking for anyone else, but I have never had a bad dealing with him.

Pretty much sums it up for me also. Not always in the best mood but he's a good guy and honest.

That's the thing. We've got people in this thread talking about their website design. Orders from their website. Web order grading. Their retail stores. Their retail staff. The convention set up and prices. The convention staff. Jamie himself. etc etc.

Lots of different aspects of the business. It's a huge operation and, given the scope, I can see people have great and not so great experiences. That might not happen with a one man operation or something smaller.

Glad they took care of your problems.

I understand where you are coming from. Every dealer, no matter how great they are, has the chance to have an uncommon bad order. It's how they handle it that can make all the difference.

Even operations that are known to have historic grading problems can have the opposite situation, and hit you with a wonderful surprise. So those folks that experience this are left wondering how anyone can talk poorly about XXX Comic Shop.

Leroy,

I only scare you because I get the seconds/thirds.

Admit that Dale is your favorite.

Crazy Ed is my favorite. Bob Storms is 2.7th.

I walked by Ed's booth just as he was lecturing some 13 year old on Bob McLeod or some such.

It means that I am tagging along...watching the comments. Can a guy not whistle a happy tune??

Want me to say something? Here goes:

I met Jamie for the first time at Heroes Con 2ish years ago...he was with Rick at his booth. He was very friendly and approachable towards me and we ended up doing some business. Same thing in Chicago same year....

I have nothing bad to say about Jamie. I cannot comment on his booth workers b/c I don't talk to them; I generally go straight to Jamie.

Overall, I don't hesitate to speak to him, shake his hand, check out his stock and even buy on occasion. He has a great selection of stuff and is a straight shooter.

That better?

Oh yeah: :whistle: or should I use :popcorn:

Here's an awesome story!!! I was at C2e2 2 years ago. I bought a Tales to Astonish #35 for 75 bucks from Jamie...got it slabbed and it came back a universal 2.5!!! We all know its worth more than that even if you factor in grading cost!!! Couldn't be happier with this transaction (thumbs u nuff said!!!

Leroy,

I only scare you because I get the seconds/thirds.

Admit that Dale is your favorite.

Crazy Ed is my favorite. Bob Storms is 2.7th.

I walked by Ed's booth just as he was lecturing some 13 year old on Bob McLeod or some such.

lol