• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Finger, Co-creator of Batman
1 1

31 posts in this topic

Some have said Kane really never drew any of Batman besides rough sketches and hiring others to draw it up for him. I know all his convention sketches look like an 8 year old drew them so maybe there's some truth to this. He's one of the most forged artists because who cant draw at the 8 year old level???

Wow. Unbelievable.

Bill Finger co-created Batman, and created the Joker, the original Green Lantern, Wildcat, Robin the Boy Wonder, Alfred, Bat-Mite, Catwoman, Penguin, Two-Face, Bat-Mite?

The guy was a genius.

And to think he created Bat-Mite twice and still didn't get any credit! :baiting:

Some have said Kane really never drew any of Batman besides rough sketches and hiring others to draw it up for him. I know all his convention sketches look like an 8 year old drew them so maybe there's some truth to this. He's one of the most forged artists because who cant draw at the 8 year old level???

That's absolutely not true.

Kane was a pretty dreadful artist, that's for sure. But he was drawing comics for National for at least two years before he created Batman, and I doubt that he was already having ghost artists before he even became a name for himself.

I doubt if Kane drew more than 20 Batman stories in his life, though. He didn't seem like a very good person in the least, but he was a smart businessman. In a time where creators were regularly mess upon, he managed to get and keep his name on his creation for 75 years. He was able to package a specific amount of pages every month for National, thereby giving him an income and allowing him to reap the benefits of Batman.

The same couldn't be said -- in their lifetime -- for Siegel and Shuster, Simon and Kirby, Hibbard, Beck, Burgos, Everett, etc.