• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice on EC horror comics...

24 posts in this topic

I 100% agree with you, Cat! Esp as mintcollector said he wants 9.2 or better issues. Like with any comic, a beautiful high grade example is worth owning -- but be careful with how much you spend, when the pricing has seen such wide swings.

This has been discussed before in another vein, when observers pointed out how the guy who sold his MH run of Flashes didn't do so great financially. It had to be, since at least one major competitor for the books (himself) was no longer interested in owning. :)

I thank you for all the help...

Guess I am now going to go after a few high grade EC's!

'As the saying goes, just when I thought I was out for good they found a way to pull me back me in...'

Kind regards and many thanks!

Mint

Here is a sleeper for you Mint!

338px-Weird_Science_Vol_1_16.jpg

The Topps Mars Attacks franchise has its origins here.

I find Weird Science #16 to be vastly undervalued!

(thumbs u

I should probably clarify that I collect CGC graded books valued at $2000 or less in 9.2 or higher with OW or better page quality. These parameters were set on purpose, as it not only allows me to build a high grade collection at an affordable price (note not everyone will agree that $2000 is affordable, but that can be said at any price point depending on be person); but is also forces me to carefully review price spreads between grades and look for undervalued 'gems.'

The GFC's do impress me. However, I doubt I will buy too many 9.8 EC Comics unless I get them at a steal comparable to other grades. Time will tell were this goes. I normally buy few non-key issues so collecting any golden age books with these parameters chosen may be very difficult.

I thank you for all the help...

Guess I am now going to go after a few high grade EC's!

'As the saying goes, just when I thought I was out for good they found a way to pull me back me in...'

Kind regards and many thanks!

Mint

Here is a sleeper for you Mint!

338px-Weird_Science_Vol_1_16.jpg

The Topps Mars Attacks franchise has its origins here.

I find Weird Science #16 to be vastly undervalued!

(thumbs u

Classic Wood cover!