• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers 54- invoice shipping today- grade is in and posted

32 posts in this topic

Any last guesses- shipping today

You're not seriously sending this in to be slabbed, are you? lol

8.0 off-white pages...scan on Friday once I receive the book.

You're not seriously giving opinions that are 1.5 points off, are you? :jokealert:

Now that's the spirit! Go get'em Tiger! lol

me too, but to each his own... right

I just said a few statements ago that it graded an 8.0

I'm still not sure I understand the harm in slabbing an 8.0 Avengers 54 (shrug)

me too, but to each his own... right

I just said a few statements ago that it graded an 8.0

I'm still not sure I understand the harm in slabbing an 8.0 Avengers 54 (shrug)

not a thing...

by the way, nice grade on your IM2 i was thinking maybe... 8.5 but you scored a 9.0 sweet...

8.0 off-white pages..scan on Friday once I receive the book.

You're not seriously giving opinions that are 1.5 points off, are you? :jokealert:

Congrats, btw. Considering the consensus was 6.5/7.0 it appears that you definitely received a "bounty" grade (thumbs u

Interesting that a heretofore meaningless issue has skyrocketed in price - all duly noted, but really? Ultron? And the new Masters of Evil? lol

The local shoeshine boy told me about this one . . . along with the Twitter IPO :insane:

I've never defended the grade or said it was right. I'm lucky to have gotten it.

I only showed the steps of process because I felt that it was neat and added to the forum showing raw pre-graded through stabbed process.

Slabbing this book is no less valid than 99% of the copper/bronze books you see, I'm glad to have it in the collection

This book as a special place for me as the first Avengers I ever bought when I was just 8 years old. I quickly became an Avengers fan. The art was great and action packed and I thought the Ultron/Vision story was top notch.

I would say an 8.0 is pretty much on target. Nice looking copy really.

:grin:

It‘s hard to grade this book higher than a FVF range, maybe a VF- but for a VF it feels really stretched.

That’s why, besides any consideration, I would stress CGC grading is not "perfect", and I could prefer a copy with a bigger single defect on the back cover than a copy in the same grade with general wear.

And I agree with Divad: I have just read (quickly) Avengers #55 and it’s not Roy Thomas at his best. I still miss a #54 and really don’t want to spend on this two-part story. Other surrounding issues are a lot better, even #66 is better if you care about Ultron, despite the fact #54-55 are the first apperance.

And honestly, #55 doing better than #57? Isn’t the Vision more important than Ultron, if not only for the fact he’s a hero? lol