• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone else get annoyed by this...

103 posts in this topic

You're anti-popcorn buddy? (shrug)

From the few sales threads I have had, I really like it. Shows there is interest in what you are about to sale and people are watching... I think crickets is MUCH worse.

In fact, I have multiple popcorn eating gifs waiting to be thrown out at any minute! :grin:

Anya-Jenkins-Popcorn-Reaction-Gif.gif

143.gif

tumblr_mkp3noSgWd1qf7m4qo1_500.gif

And as a seller, you can do one :bump: every 24 hours. I like when others help me out and bump my thread for me! :applause:

Can someone please splain to me what the OP is trying to say?

I don't like popcorn eaters. Thought it was easy to figure out...

In my opinion, I think it is pointless and only boosting their post count. (Yes, for the smartasses here this could be counted towards that too). 9 times out of 10, people eating popcorn never buy anything anyways.

I'd argue the % of popcorn eaters the buy is higher than the % of views vs "I'll take its"

so whats the difference?

My last sales thread had 2 popcorn eaters, both ended up buying. In fact their post of popcorn let me know there were active thread watchers and I decided to start posting books at a higher rate.

In my opinion, I think it is pointless and only boosting their post count. (Yes, for the smartasses here this could be counted towards that too). 9 times out of 10, people eating popcorn never buy anything anyways.

I'd argue the % of popcorn eaters the buy is higher than the % of views vs "I'll take its"

so whats the difference?

My last sales thread had 2 popcorn eaters, both ended up buying. In fact their post of popcorn let me know there were active thread watchers and I decided to start posting books at a higher rate.

I agree. Dissing popcorn eaters in a selling thread is like telling that kid with the ripped jeans that just entered the dealership that he can't afford a Ferrari. You never know who is watching.

so whats the difference?

Yes the % would be greater on the popcorn eaters because their post counts as a view when they enter the thread.

I just post the books all at once.

hm so if I posted them slower...

so whats the difference?

I agree. Dissing popcorn eaters in a selling thread is like telling that kid with the ripped jeans that just entered the dealership that he can't afford a Ferrari. You never know who is watching.

busey_clapping_zpsa4a7776c.gif

so whats the difference?

Don't follow that analogy, but I can see where it was going.

All I am saying is I get annoyed as a buyer and seller with all of the popcorn eaters. In my opinion I don't see it doing anything. Especially when a selling thread is already top 5 in that designated room.

so whats the difference?

Creepy guy clapping

so whats the difference?

Creepy guy clapping

YES!

gary-busey-body-builder_zps52cacee6.jpg

so whats the difference?

All I am saying is I get annoyed as a buyer and seller with all of the popcorn eaters. In my opinion I don't see it doing anything. Especially when a selling thread is already top 5 in that designated room.

Dot.com millionaire kid walks into a Ferrari showroom with ripped jeans and a bag of popcorn in his hand. You tell him that you're annoyed that he's in your showroom. He leaves and buys a Lamborghini down the street at another dealership instead.

Running a sales thread is like running a showroom. People are going to window shop, kick tires etc. Sometimes, by posting popcorn they're just letting you know "hey, I'm here and interested in what you have for sale". If you keep all the window shoppers out you're just limiting your buying pool.

Like I said, I actually used to feel the same way about it that you do (except it wasn't popcorn, it was usually greggy posting a :screwy: ) when I first joined - then I just realized it's part of the online culture.

so whats the difference?

Dot.com millionaire kid walks into a Ferrari showroom with ripped jeans and a bag of popcorn in his hand. You tell him that you're annoyed that he's in your showroom. He leaves and buys a Lamborghini down the street at another dealership instead.

Running a sales thread is like running a showroom. People are going to window shop, kick tires etc. Sometimes, by posting popcorn they're just letting you know "hey, I'm here and interested in what you have for sale". If you keep all the window shoppers out you're just limiting your buying pool.

Like I said, I actually used to feel the same way about it that you do (except it wasn't popcorn, it was usually greggy posting a :screwy: ) when I first joined - then I just realized it's part of the online culture.

Gotcha

In a way... shouldn't you take :popcorn: as somewhat of a compliment?

I mean, someone is interested in what you have to sell. If you were always selling junk at high prices or people thought you were a scammer, no one would comment on your sales threads and no one would even bother looking.

When people throw out the popcorn guy, it's really just saying :hi: and I'm interested in your fares good sir. Show me what you're offering. :foryou: