• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk vs Thing vs Thor - Who's strongest? Answer comes from their creators!

61 posts in this topic

Hulk vs Thing - Who's the strongest? This question has been asked for over 40 years! That question was answered by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in a recently published article in CBM. Here's what each of them had to say.

"I think it's kind of a silly question, but after some thought, it would have to be the Hulk. He has a well of energy that he draws on that is almost endless", said Jack Kirby.

Stan Lee says, "Deep down in my heart I felt the Hulk had the edge. I saw him as a little bigger, more muscular, and far more savage and embittered.

Here is what Stan Lee said about Thor, "I would have to guess that Thor is stronger, only because he is a god and probably can't be killed. I thought of him as invulnerable. I would think that with his hammer and everything, he'd probably beat the Hulk. But what's interesting with the Hulk is the more he fights and the more he is beaten, the stronger he gets. So maybe it would be a draw."

Well, it looks like Thor is strongest, followed by the Hulk and then the Thing.

Naturally the next question I have is...who is stronger, Dr. Blake, Dr. Banner or Ben Grimm? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

West

Ben Grimm could take Dr. Banner any day of the week.

Dr. Banner would squeek out a victory over Dr. Blake, due to his bum leg.

Of course, if he hit banner over the head with that stick-cane of his, he'd be facing the Hulk in very little time! 27_laughing.gif

Ben Grimm could take Dr. Banner any day of the week.

Dr. Banner would squeek out a victory over Dr. Blake, due to his bum leg.

Of course, if he hit banner over the head with that stick-cane of his, he'd be facing the Hulk in very little time! 27_laughing.gif

I got $20 on Blake over Banner in a slap fight! tongue.gif

I love that kind of stuff but the Thing should not even been mentioned with those two. Wonder Man should take the Thing's spot on that list.

I agree. Remember that Wonder Man knocked out Thor in Avengers #9. He used to brag about it incessently in bronze age Avengers.

The Hulk vs. Thing question was settled pretty decisevely in FF #25..

Pete

Well, it looks like Thor is strongest, followed by the Hulk and then the Thing.

What? Did you read the same article?

First Kirby says the Hulk would win because he has an endless energy.

Then Stan says the Hulk would win because he was bigger and more savage.

Then Stan says of Thor it might be a draw.

So how in those three statement does Thor win?

HULK SMASH PUNY YELLOW HAIR MAN!!!!

I love that kind of stuff but the Thing should not even been mentioned with those two. Wonder Man should take the Thing's spot on that list.

I agree. Remember that Wonder Man knocked out Thor in Avengers #9. He used to brag about it incessently in bronze age Avengers.

The Hulk vs. Thing question was settled pretty decisevely in FF #25..

Pete

What he said. Plus the Hulk kicked the Thing's tale in FF#112, 165, 166, etc, etc.

I grew up with Hulk comics and was convinced that only Superman could defeat the Hulk.

I would have to agree with this. I don't think Hulk is clearly stronger or tougher than Thor, but goldilocks would throw in the towel long before old green skin....which I think gives The Hulk the edge.

I'd say that Hulk was stronger but Thor would win the fight.

Subby used to kick Things butt on a regular basis in the good ole days.

The Things strength has increased several-fold since his first encounter with the Hulk.The Super-Skrull was created with strength equal to Bens,but when they met up in later years,Thing kicked butt bigtime.

Wonder-Man,thats a whole 'nother story!

Did Thor ever square off with with that guy from the Imperial Guard? That would be a slugfest. I loved it when he creamed the FF in about two pages.

I grew up with Hulk comics and was convinced that only Superman could defeat the Hulk.

I would have to agree with this. I don't think Hulk is clearly stronger or tougher than Thor, but goldilocks would throw in the towel long before old green skin....which I think gives The Hulk the edge.

sign-funnypost.gif

I guess it depends also on which version of the characters you are talking about. Thing has had the least tinkering but I remember a time when he mutated and was pointier and stronger. I say the intelligent but devious version of Hulk would kick anyone's tale - like the Hulk that survives everything to become Maestro. The dumb Hulk could be defeated by outwitting him at times, savage Hulk is pretty tough though - mindless but supremely powerful and uncontrollable but the smarter/but devious Hulk is the most dangerous. And then you have several different versions of Thor - I doubt anyone could beat Thor with the Odinforce unless he was tricked as Loki has done. So even in that version of Thor, Hulk in his more intelligent but malevolent form might find a way to beat him. I remember issues where Hulk had his skin melted off, was sliced open, bombarded with nuclear rays etc etc and he just came back madder and meaner. Would love to see a real Doomsday type fight between Hulk and Superman - not just something set up for a special crossover event but a real fight like Marvel would do it ala FF 25,26.