• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #54 posted by B. Koski

4 posts in this topic

Purchased this CGC book around 4 months ago. As soon as I heard about Ultron possibly being in the next Avengers movie, I decided to chase a copy of #55...and found this beauty for $60.00. This book was just too good to pass up!

This would have to be one of the better investments I made.

The last copy of this issue in same grade sold on eBay for over $350.00.

What makes this issue so difficult would have to be the black cover.

Surf had me thinking about this issue with his great find...Congrats my friend!

Still searching for a #55, but with inflated prices I think that ship has sailed!

14185.jpg

See more journals by B. Koski

Great looking copy B! You are a smart investor. It won't be easy to find an affordable copy of #55 in similar condition for a decent price, but you never know what you might find at your LCS, or a flea market even. These books will become sought after in the same vein as Hulk #180 (1st appearance, cameo) and Hulk #181 (1st full appearance)...with the values being equal to, if not surpassing, Iron Man #55.

sig.jpg

I would love to pick up a copy of both for investment purposes... but honestly I'll probably end up putting it up in my sons room. I guess once I pass away one day in the future he can try his hand on cashing in on them...although.... I think he may start liking comics whether he wants to or not.

Unfortunately, the more books submitted means a lesser value. I feel 8.5 books are excellent even more for getting Signatures on. This is a great book and good for you for the find. One of the main reasons I like to SS my books is because, even in any grade, eventually there will be no more SS available....

Thanks for sharing.....