• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive is Back!!

12 posts in this topic

Well, it's been nearly a month, but I finally returned from Europe just in time to live through yet another Hurricane. Can anyone give me the skinny on what's been happening on the boards and in the market during the past few weeks? (as I really don't feel inclined to sort through hundreds of different posts.) Man, it's great to be back in the good ole USA. smile.gif

BTW, here are a couple of photos from my visits to Austria and Hungary..enjoy.

Roman ruins in Budapest.

1095322596122_DSCF0319.JPG

Walls of Egre Castle in Hungary. 1097924564144_DSCF0280.JPG

Traditional estate of the Austrian King in Vienna...hundreds of rooms, this thing was incredibly massive, darn it if I didn't forget the name.

1095525536559_DSCF0215.JPG

Church in Vienna.

1095337513429_DSCF0211.JPG

Church in Budapest:

1094354881186_DSCF0405.JPG

Interior of parliament building in Budapest, Hungary:

1094437402380_DSCF0353.JPG

Hey James...this trip was purely personal, but I did end up picking up some nifty antiques that I'm having appraised for possible resale, so a little business was involved.

Thanks for the kudos on the pics, though all the credit goes to my little Fuji camera.

Nice pictures. I am a second generation Hungarian, my paternal grandparents fled communist Hungary after WW2. Unfortunately I haven't been there myself, maybe after I graduate. Anyways, nice pics, it was great to see them. thumbsup2.gif

Hey Jive, what did you miss the short answer follows:

1. Grading Contest: 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif893whatthe.gif893censored-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gifcloud9.gifsorry.gifgossip.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifflowerred.gifangel.gif

2. Saber as Steve H: RED "IS", Saber "AM NOT". Boards 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893whatthe.gif893censored-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gifTHEN: Steve H: OOPS!?, OK I AM.

3. Bill Avritch=Miami Comics=Green Lantern on CGC,now'Tropic-Comics(pending denial),

became The Exterminator to say 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gifand send 893censored-thumb.gifPM's

MODS SAY: "YOUR OUT-A-HERE!!" Boards goes 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

4.MajorKhaos and Joe Collector take a break, now only MajorKhaos has returned.

5.We now have thanks to the Architecht: hail.gifheadbang.giftakeit.gifpoke2.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifyeahok.gif

bumpit.gif and the # 1 'overused' yay.gif

6. ......."SAME AS IT EVER WAS......SAME AS IT EVER WAS......."

7. WELCOME BACK thumbsup2.gif

From the standpoint of the comic market, there has been a touch of softening in the past month, which is usual for this time of year.

Yea, I have gotten some decent deals lately compared to prices from the prior 6-9 months, but I would definitely agree that it's only a "touch" of softening because 80% or more of what I try to buy still goes for at-market or above-market prices.