• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Affleck is Batman!

624 posts in this topic

And the guy has seriously improved his acting chops over the years. I watched Good Will Hunting again a couple weeks ago and both Ben and Matt were rockin' some serious overacting. Watching Argo this morning, Ben's hardly the same guy. I know Daredevil sucked, but that doesn't mean it's impossible that he's gotten better over the past ten years.

I actually like Ben Affleck in certain roles Argo was awesome,even Pearl Harbor was good to me.I just can't for the life of me see him as Batman,then again I was put off by Heath Ledger when cast,we all know how that turned out"brilliant".I really thought Bale was very good in this role and hoped he would continue,but alas I am crushed.

Bales' Batman voice didn't turn you off in every single Bat-scene? I just couldn't get past it. There were lots of other problems, but that could have ruined the whole series for me on its own.

He had to disguise his voice so people he knew wouldn't know who he was. (shrug)

I know that. But he didn't have to sound like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

pOtato/potAto. (shrug)

Idjit!! :sumo:

lol I didn't know how to phrase that in writing,and just hoped you would get my meaning.

poTAYto/poTAHto

What do you guys think the reaction would have been to Matt Damon getting cast for Batman instead of Ben Affleck? He's regarded as the better actor of the pair, though, to me he doesn't have the right look at all (though, to be fair, you could level that charge against most/all of his predecessors as well). hm

Matt Damon is not out yet for a DC role.

Aquaman, anyone?

My wife and kids tease me about liking Aquaman. But my wife would change her tune real quick if that rumor turned out to be true. :roflmao:

I wonder what version of Aquaman does Hollywood go with?

The Superfriends version or the bearded version?

aquaman.jpg

And the guy has seriously improved his acting chops over the years. I watched Good Will Hunting again a couple weeks ago and both Ben and Matt were rockin' some serious overacting. Watching Argo this morning, Ben's hardly the same guy. I know Daredevil sucked, but that doesn't mean it's impossible that he's gotten better over the past ten years.

I actually like Ben Affleck in certain roles Argo was awesome,even Pearl Harbor was good to me.I just can't for the life of me see him as Batman,then again I was put off by Heath Ledger when cast,we all know how that turned out"brilliant".I really thought Bale was very good in this role and hoped he would continue,but alas I am crushed.

Bales' Batman voice didn't turn you off in every single Bat-scene? I just couldn't get past it. There were lots of other problems, but that could have ruined the whole series for me on its own.

He had to disguise his voice so people he knew wouldn't know who he was. (shrug)

The other thing is that, in one of the DVD documentaries on Batman Begins, it's explained that there's some kind of device planted in his cowl that changes his voice. It's a shame that they never explained that in the movies. I liked Bale in the role a lot, but at times he sounded like he needed a throat lozenge.

His Batman voice didn't turn me off so much as the fact that, whenever he was on-screen as Bruce Wayne, I expected him to start listening to Huey Lewis and the News while making reservations at Dorsia.

That would have been class - especially if BEE had written the -script.

I actually like that Affleck is big enough to play the Batman. Batman is not Spider-man. He's not supposed to be a small man. Bale was supposedly around 6 feet, but I have seen interviews and he seems physically smaller. Affleck is 6'4" or so. Should be a physically imposing figure. Considering what else is out there, seems like a perfect casting to me.

What do you guys think the reaction would have been to Matt Damon getting cast for Batman instead of Ben Affleck? He's regarded as the better actor of the pair, though, to me he doesn't have the right look at all (though, to be fair, you could level that charge against most/all of his predecessors as well). hm

I always thought that Damon would have made a great Daredevil back in the day. Put some dark glasses on him, and he was dead on Matt Murdock. Could pull the lawyer thing off more convincingly too.

I actually like that Affleck is big enough to play the Batman. Batman is not Spider-man. He's not supposed to be a small man. Bale was supposedly around 6 feet, but I have seen interviews and he seems physically smaller. Affleck is 6'4" or so. Should be a physically imposing figure. Considering what else is out there, seems like a perfect casting to me.

I've seen that number mentioned as well (6'4" tall). But during interviews, Affleck says he is is 6'2.5" tall. So close enough to be spot-on for Batman.

I can't get other the fact that he is getting death threats for his casting, Seriously? You might not agree with it but is that any reason to wish the guy dead and make that wish known public. These people are seriously giving good honest geeks a bad name.

I figure if Bob Kane considered Val Kilmer the best Batman (circa 1995), I'm pretty sure he would approve of Ben in the role too.

-Team Affleck

Aflac!!!

Val Kilmer wasn't that bad, it's just a pity the film wasn't all it could have been, although Forever is a guilty pleasure of mine. I really liked Jim Carrey in the role of riddler.

Ben Affleck could be great choice... Acting is acting and you just don't know until the film is released. If he is good enough then it will show. I can think of a lot of castings that before hand seemed horrible but actually now seem like the greatest choice ever.

I can't get other the fact that he is getting death threats for his casting, Seriously? You might not agree with it but is that any reason to wish the guy dead and make that wish known public. These people are seriously giving good honest geeks a bad name.

:o

I hadn't heard (or read) of that yet. Holy!

Over a comic book movie you threaten someone's life?

doh!

I figure if Bob Kane considered Val Kilmer the best Batman (circa 1995), I'm pretty sure he would approve of Ben in the role too.

-Team Affleck

Aflac!!!

As if Bob Kane could spot a good Batman.