• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Affleck is Batman!

624 posts in this topic

Freeman likely won't reprise his role should Fox return in the upcoming film.

SilentBob as Alfred.

Nah. Kevin Smith is to fat. I think he'd make a funny Jim Gordon though with Jason Mewes playing Alfred :roflmao:

Seriously, Affleck has come a long way as an actor, but I still can't picture him as anyone except Ben Affleck. The teeter totter scene in Daredevil still makes me cringe to this day. I just hope he plays it straight without bringing his politics into it. Afterall, he's a Mindividual_without_enough_empathy like myself :)

USA Today spoke with Morgan Freeman, who played Lucius Fox in Chris Nolan's "Dark Knight Trilogy," and he was quite surprised by the announcement for a reason you may not expect.

"This is the first I am hearing of it," said Freeman. "My first reactions are 'Wow' and 'Good luck.' After the trilogy, I thought that no one would try it again for a few years more to let this whole thing die down, because it's still there. So I don't know, I hope Ben does well."

Freeman likely won't reprise his role should Fox return in the upcoming film.

"If the new movie does have a Lucius Fox I don't think it's going to be me," said Freeman. "It doesn't seem to work to mix characters in the movies. If you are going to change the lead character, you're probably going to change all the characters."

Obviously, Morgan Freeman hasn't seen any James Bond films in the last couple of decades. :grin:

Anyone listen to Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman? He really pours it on for Afflack as Batman. Not surprising as they did a lost of films together.

I used to hate Kevin Smith, but since the whole Killing Joke thing I've been listening to his show. I think I sort of like Kevin Smith...

Anyone listen to Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman? He really pours it on for Afflack as Batman. Not surprising as they did a lost of films together.

I used to hate Kevin Smith, but since the whole Killing Joke thing I've been listening to his show. I think I sort of like Kevin Smith...

Probably just wants to be cast as Harvey Bullock.

He asked for Penguin or a henchman actually.

Talk about a role that's well owned. It'll be tough to get Danny DeVito out of my mind if I see a new Penguin. That dude nailed that role.

the article happens ot mention that Brolin was a flop in Jonah Hex. Personally that disaster of a movie had very little to do with Brolin and more to do with the writers/ directors/ and mostly the executive producers who decided things like gattling guns on the saddle of a horse was a great idea. :P

the article happens ot mention that Brolin was a flop in Jonah Hex. Personally that disaster of a movie had very little to do with Brolin and more to do with the writers/ directors/ and mostly the executive producers who decided things like gattling guns on the saddle of a horse was a great idea. :P

I thought that was unfair as well. Brolin is a really good actor, and with the right material can deliver.

With the way scenes can be filmed out-of-order depending on location shoots and actor availability, can the lead actors even tell completely if a film production is going down the right path? I would think on the director in their mind's eye can see the full picture and determine if things are going well or not.