• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well thats a new way to referece CGC on ebay

7 posts in this topic

Auction Title includes "CGC Approved Appraisal" hm

Then the condion note says "Professional conservative appraisal to be VG+ by Comics Dungeon in Seattle. Shop is approved on CGC website. Please read full description" (shrug)

then the detail says

"I found a bunch of comics in a basement at a sale here in Seattle. I took them to Comics Dungeon and had them appraised as I saw that their shop was approved on the CGC website. The owner of the store informed me that he is probably much much more strict then the CGC when it comes to grading, so some of these comic books will probably be in better shape in your eyes then what you are expecting. " :facepalm:

Does "shop is approved on CGC website" just mean they have an account to accept submissions on behalf of customers? What the heck could CGC be "approving" for comic shops?

no mention that the CGC approved store did a restoration check though...

you can see the auction here...

Then the condion note says "Professional conservative appraisal to be VG+ by Comics Dungeon in Seattle. Shop is approved on CGC website. Please read full description" (shrug)

then the detail says

"I found a bunch of comics in a basement at a sale here in Seattle. I took them to Comics Dungeon and had them appraised as I saw that their shop was approved on the CGC website. The owner of the store informed me that he is probably much much more strict then the CGC when it comes to grading, so some of these comic books will probably be in better shape in your eyes then what you are expecting. " :facepalm:

Does "shop is approved on CGC website" just mean they have an account to accept submissions on behalf of customers? What the heck could CGC be "approving" for comic shops?

So this is my LCS and I have no idea what CGC approved appraisal could be referring to. To my knowledge, they only accept CGC submissions on behalf of customers.

then the detail says

So this is my LCS and I have no idea what CGC approved appraisal could be referring to. To my knowledge, they only accept CGC submissions on behalf of customers.

Comics Dungeon is a CGC Authorized Member Dealer - which means they are able to accept submissions that can be sent directly to CGC. They're listed on CGC's website:

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/DealerListing.aspx?state=wa

That's all, really.