• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delivery information not updated?

21 posts in this topic

Arrggghhh! USPS said they don't know where the book is :(

Because it's Saturday. Never expect competence on a Saturday..... anywhere.

Do you think theft is a possibility?

I have had failures to scan before but that has always been when leaving a facility not upon delivery.

I work as a letter carrier for Canada Post. I scan and deliver dozens of items a day. Failures to scan aren't common but they do happen. There are large companies that ship high numbers of packages though us that study the on-line tracking results just to identify tracking errors. Apparently they're finding enough errors to generate enough refunds to justify the effort.

Errors can happen if the package has the buyers address on two sides of the parcel and the tracking barcode on only one side. If the delivery person sees the addressed side without the barcode that package will be delivered without being tracked. Errors can happen if the employee is new and inexperienced and they generally get stuck on the worst routes or as short term relief. On more than one occasion a relief carrier on my route has missed entire sections of my route. They flat out miss a bag of mail or it gets dark and they go home without finishing, Any barcoded items in those bags of mail fall off, at least until the next day. And sometimes our bar scanners batteries die before we finish our routes.

Theft is a possibility. They recently fired a girl I worked with after they caught her stealing gift cards out of envelopes. She was dumb enough to sell them at work and even walked around yelling 'anyone want to buy a gift card?'.

Odds are the package is sitting at the post office waiting to be picked up.