• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Ah, I see now. Definitely, they would be a good offer.

Personally I did not like #1 at all, I dropped at the beginning… it seemed McFarlane did not know how to properly write a story, and diluted the plot in four issues or so… :(

I liked the first story arc, I thought the 2nd one was better. I didn't think todd's line art was all that great but I liked his layouts. I have the ASM omnibus of their run, but I don't have the original issues anymore, I sold off my #200-700 run of ASM a while back with almost all of my single issues, I only kept and collect a few key issues anymore for characters I really like. Everything else is TPB's, HC's and what not.

Don't know if this has been covered or not, but have the mods been asked if a Want To Trade sub-forum is a possibility?

It would be much easier for the sake of clarity to just have individual trade threads than one long thread.

Just a thought. If it's already been discussed then just drop kick me the next time you see me at a show.

Yeah, I brought it up earlier. It would be my preference as well.

I don't think the Mods have been contacted. Maybe we should ask mschmidt? :baiting:

Or Hepcat.

:whistle:

-slym

Agreed, the WTT thread should be the same as the PIF, as splitting them up would be counter-productive and there is no need to create a new forum for a single thread.

Would NamesJay agree to modifying his thread?

"the same as PIF" does not mean "replace PIF".

"I'm going to buy the same shirt as Tom has" does not mean I go and rip the shirt off Tom's back.

Is Tom's ripped shirt offered up in PIF? hm If so, :takeit:

It's better than the last couple of offerings. vemd93.gif

No kidding, I still can not get over how the thread cycled from OA, Omnibuses, and statues to where it has been the last 5 days. In the short term, the Junk Donkeys won I suppose. Long term they will find very few items to profit off of if the regulars all leave and will have to move on somewhere else.

It was doing so well right after I left, too. maybe it just cycles.

:shrug:

-slym

No. It had nothing to do with you. It always runs nice until a donkey jams the flow. That happenex while you were there and aftef u left.

(to techvoodoo)

So, for the trading thread... can it run in the same format as my old PIF offerings? Can I have more than one "item" for an offer and let people make a trade offer for one thing, or two, or all of my stuff listed?

-slym

(to techvoodoo)

So, for the trading thread... can it run in the same format as my old PIF offerings? Can I have more than one "item" for an offer and let people make a trade offer for one thing, or two, or all of my stuff listed?

-slym

You can structure your trade proposal however you want when you're making an offer to the current "Trader". If you're the Trader, you would probably want to just list one item or group of items up for offer so it's not too confusing. Yeah, basically to just make it as simple to understand as possible while making the offer you want to make.

I understand why the 24 hr there.

Would suggest that it be 72 hrs for the current trader but can accept any offer at any point. Encourages you to offer quickly but gives time to compile an offer let's be honest who is racing to put something together during Christmas day (yes it's far away but solving theheadache now for the one person who gets stuck on that day) or other similar holidays/events etc.

The flip side is, lets say the person currently next in line to be the Trader declines, so it's open to anyone, and someone comes along and posts some nonsense garbage trade, and nobody wants it. Now everyone sits and twiddles their thumbs waiting for 3 days to pass, hoping that the next person to jump in the hot seat doesn't do the same thing.

I'd take a wait and see approach, if the thread is hugely popular we can always adjust it up to 48 or even 72 hours.

That said if like 50 people all come and ask for the same change I have no issues changing the rule now, whatever the consensus is.

Being a trading thread don't know how it could be garbage might not appeal to you but would so others. Since this really isn't about a dollar amount a single goofy book could be snapped up faster than a run.

From the very first trader you have already shown that 24hrs isn't enough because cahookie is at work and setting a double standard by posting for others.

Alas I has said my 2c on the matter.

Would suggest that it be 72 hrs for the current trader but can accept any offer at any point. Encourages you to offer quickly but gives time to compile an offer let's be honest who is racing to put something together during Christmas day (yes it's far away but solving theheadache now for the one person who gets stuck on that day) or other similar holidays/events etc.

The flip side is, lets say the person currently next in line to be the Trader declines, so it's open to anyone, and someone comes along and posts some nonsense garbage trade, and nobody wants it. Now everyone sits and twiddles their thumbs waiting for 3 days to pass, hoping that the next person to jump in the hot seat doesn't do the same thing.

I'd take a wait and see approach, if the thread is hugely popular we can always adjust it up to 48 or even 72 hours.

That said if like 50 people all come and ask for the same change I have no issues changing the rule now, whatever the consensus is.

Being a trading thread don't know how it could be garbage might not appeal to you but would so others. Since this really isn't about a dollar amount a single goofy book could be snapped up faster than a run.

From the very first trader you have already shown that 24hrs isn't enough because cahookie is at work and setting a double standard by posting for others.

I'm setting a double standard because I've been awake for about 30 hours.

I was going to make the first trade offer when I started the thread, but CAHokie volunteered to go first in my place, because I have nothing to trade right now, and I don't want to stay awake until 8:30pm to start the thread and let him post the first offer himself.

Relax francis.

I was going to make the first trade offer when I started the thread, but CAHokie volunteered to go first in my place, because I have nothing to trade right now, and I don't want to stay awake until 8:30pm to start the thread and let him post the first offer himself.

Relax francis.

doh! The logic of lack of sleep. Click log out get some rest.

Wow.....one hour in and people are complaining already? We only did it that way so when the site was ready for launch there was an offer ready to go. If it bothers you guys that much I can give up my spot. I was just trying to help (shrug)

Relax francis.

doh! The logic of lack of sleep. Click log out get some rest.

Are you just busting my balls to try and get me angry or something? Did I do something to you to warrant being address like a child and shown disrespect, other than just trying to put together and organize something that several people have said they would be interested in participating in?

Regarding your issue with the 24 hour thing. You're the only person who has complained about that. On the other hand I've had several people I've been discussing this concept with, that have been helping me for several days to flesh out this idea prefer trying the 24 hour approach.

And still, as I said originally I'm not locked into any specific rules but why don't we wait and see how it works out. We can always raise it up to be 48 hours, 72 hours, whatever.

Wow.....one hour in and people are complaining already? We only did it that way so when the site was ready for launch there was an offer ready to go. If it bothers you guys that much I can give up my spot. I was just trying to help (shrug)

I don't have any issue with you first and a cool first offer just proving a point that 24hrs which is effectively 6hrs for any working individual isn't long enough to both post their offer and hope that there is something they want before they go to bed and it work as by the time they are back their trade time is up.

No, no. You're fine.

The only problem is that your offer isn't a copy of Girl Comics #5. But otherwise, it's cool.

Just need other people to start participating. I want to see those offers!

What happens when the donkeys discover it and claim the free items everyone lists so they can resell it?

Donkeys will have a hard time with many things I have to offer… lol

Good quality reading material, often, but not of value to "resell"…

I still have a 30 issue run of McSpidey's I've been trying to pawn off on the PIF thread but people keep taking my other offers. I'd gift that.

Why not break up the run into story arcs and put it on www.tpbswap.com? lol:baiting: