• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

All this nonsense about where and what you can post is cracking me up.

You got a guy in the PIF thread right now whose last three posts were about not being able to post the dancing banana. Where's the outrage? lol

You got a guy in the PIF thread right now whose last three posts were about not being able to post the dancing banana. Where's the outrage? lol

STFU

STFU

lol

Something something unicorn farts. :sumo:

I am not really outraged but the banana thing in PIF did annoy me. How about you keep editing it until you get it right instead of posting post after post? I posted a lot of bananas in there after I just opened my mail from Comix4fun :grin:

CGC Board Powers Activate!!!

OK, I know that I just nominated Kav's BL post for "Post Of The Year" but can I nominate this for "Phrase Of The Year"?

:roflmao:

Oh, and respect to techvoodoo, CAHokie and the rest that are putting in work to get the thread going with good intention. I think it's a good idea and everyone appreciates it. I just think that maybe some cooler heads would prevail.

Absolutely which is why I am commenting. You know my feelings regarding the PIF, Roy.

The trading thread can be really cool. Nate made his comment and people have gone out of their way to be jerks.

There is still a humongous opportunity here to make amends and apologies and act like adults. Or we can play CGC Roulette and go for the most creative insults until somebody gets a strike. I have a ton of practice and I save almost allthe goodones when Fingh is railing on me.

Hell,I'll go first. I apologize for calling techtre and hulksmash mouthbreathers. I could have done what I just got done preaching and tried a little tact first. Sorry guys. That is on me. :foryou:

There are some pretty vocal fellas on here who easily criticize and mock both the PIF thread and this new iteration. If you didn't participate in the PIF and don't plan on participating in the new thread, because you never constructively participate in anything, you should keep your opinions to yourself.

Or, try and help rather than being dismissive and have some fun.

Was his intention to point out the comedy/silliness of this or was it to be the usual internet donkey?

I know the answer to that but none of you sure as hell do

Umm, not sure if you know this but he actually said he was kidding or something to that effect. This is why I thought everyone was kidding around. It was ovbvious he was being facetious from the beginning. His post was deleted from the thread when the mods cleaned it up. Please tell me no one is actually serious in these posts here. If you are, remove the stick from your butts. :)

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here. :gossip: I know he was kidding and was pointing out the silliness of making a bajillion rules and then breaking the rules in the first post.

What was said after was uncalled for and wrong. You supported this. I can only deal with the words you type. I can not see your face and hear your voice. These guys are completely serious.

Curious. Do you read all the posts in a thread or just, say, 1 out of every 5?

1 in 10 maybe. I enjoy goofing off as much as the next guy but when your posts are threats and then "just kidding" I tend to start skipping them altogether.

Should you add a U instead of an E Roy?

I'm not sure what you mean. Am I missing something? :eek:

ColoUr, FavoUrite etc ;)

Gotcha. The reason I was confused was because I got 3 distinctly difference vibes from people who reacted to it.

I now know the reason now. And I'm not telling. I'm going to STFU.

:banana:

1 in 10 maybe. I enjoy goofing off as much as the next guy but when your posts are threats and then "just kidding" I tend to start skipping them altogether.

The guys over on the Lyria board are adamant that he is a previously banned member here. hm

Was his intention to point out the comedy/silliness of this or was it to be the usual internet donkey?

I know the answer to that but none of you sure as hell do

Umm, not sure if you know this but he actually said he was kidding or something to that effect. This is why I thought everyone was kidding around. It was ovbvious he was being facetious from the beginning. His post was deleted from the thread when the mods cleaned it up. Please tell me no one is actually serious in these posts here. If you are, remove the stick from your butts. :)

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here. :gossip: I know he was kidding and was pointing out the silliness of making a bajillion rules and then breaking the rules in the first post.

What was said after was uncalled for and wrong. You supported this. I can only deal with the words you type. I can not see your face and hear your voice. These guys are completely serious.

When am I ever, ever serious? lol My 4th grade nun made my parents come into school to speak to her before she would let me back into her religion class. This was back in the late 1970's. She had given us students a test with fill in the blanks. It said on the test to answer with full names and to take a guess if we don't know the answer. One of the questions was, "Who was Jesus's mother?" I only ever knew her to be called "Mary". Couldn't think of a last name. I took a guess (like it said to on the test) and wrote,"Mary Tyler Moore".

That friggin' nun went ballistic on me!!!

The guys over on the Lyria board are adamant that he is a previously banned member here. hm

If by "guys" you mean DG. lol