• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

When am I ever, ever serious? lol My 4th grade nun made my parents come into school to speak to her before she would let me back into her religion class. This was back in the late 1970's. She had given us students a test with fill in the blanks. It said on the test to answer with full names and to take a guess if we don't know the answer. One of the questions was, "Who was Jesus's mother?" I only ever knew her to be called "Mary". Couldn't think of a last name. I took a guess (like it said to on the test) and wrote,"Mary Tyler Moore".

That friggin' nun went ballistic on me!!!

You come in guns blazing in a group of strangers, get them irate and make blood boil and then you turn around and say "just kidding".

That's not how real life works. I can tell some of these guys to STFU because they know me well or even personally and they know when I'm joking.

With you there is no point of reference because nobody really knows you so people just think you're being irate.

(shrug)

Was his intention to point out the comedy/silliness of this or was it to be the usual internet donkey?

I know the answer to that but none of you sure as hell do

Umm, not sure if you know this but he actually said he was kidding or something to that effect. This is why I thought everyone was kidding around. It was ovbvious he was being facetious from the beginning. His post was deleted from the thread when the mods cleaned it up. Please tell me no one is actually serious in these posts here. If you are, remove the stick from your butts. :)

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here. :gossip: I know he was kidding and was pointing out the silliness of making a bajillion rules and then breaking the rules in the first post.

What was said after was uncalled for and wrong. You supported this. I can only deal with the words you type. I can not see your face and hear your voice. These guys are completely serious.

When am I ever, ever serious? lol My 4th grade nun made my parents come into school to speak to her before she would let me back into her religion class. This was back in the late 1970's. She had given us students a test with fill in the blanks. It said on the test to answer with full names and to take a guess if we don't know the answer. One of the questions was, "Who was Jesus's mother?" I only ever knew her to be called "Mary". Couldn't think of a last name. I took a guess (like it said to on the test) and wrote,"Mary Tyler Moore".

Come on man. How many people have gotten the "meet for an ice cream" threat? I absolutely understand people taking things written in jest as serious as I come off as a jerk many times because I wasn't clear. It is impossible to tell intent with the written word unless you are crystal clear.

That comes with the repercussions of people having a hissy fit because you had the audacity to challenge them but "meet for an ice cream" seems to be pretty clear.

Or you can go with the CGC standard passive/aggressive swipe like Mike just did. Mike dislikes the hell out of me, (and several others in here) which is fine but say it or get over it.

You come in guns blazing in a group of strangers, get them irate and make blood boil and then you turn around and say "just kidding".

That's not how real life works. I can tell some of these guys to STFU because they know me well or even personally and they know when I'm joking.

With you there is no point of reference because nobody really knows you so people just think you're being irate.

(shrug)

Please show me what post I made that made someone's "blood boil" and I will apalogize for it. Please. Go on, I'll wait here. I hope this just isn't you being the board nancy again.

Was his intention to point out the comedy/silliness of this or was it to be the usual internet donkey?

Umm, not sure if you know this but he actually said he was kidding or something to that effect. This is why I thought everyone was kidding around. It was ovbvious he was being facetious from the beginning. His post was deleted from the thread when the mods cleaned it up. Please tell me no one is actually serious in these posts here. If you are, remove the stick from your butts. :)

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here. :gossip: I know he was kidding and was pointing out the silliness of making a bajillion rules and then breaking the rules in the first post.

What was said after was uncalled for and wrong. You supported this. I can only deal with the words you type. I can not see your face and hear your voice. These guys are completely serious.

Come on man. How many people have gotten the "meet for an ice cream" threat? I absolutely understand people taking things written in jest as serious as I come off as a jerk many times because I wasn't clear. It is impossible to tell intent with the written word unless you are crystal clear.

That comes with the repercussions of people having a hissy fit because you had the audacity to challenge them but "meet for an ice cream" seems to be pretty clear.

Or you can go with the CGC standard passive/aggressive swipe like Mike just did. Mike dislikes the hell out of me, (and several others in here) which is fine but say it or get over it.

I never say meet for an ice cream. I say, "I'd love TO BUY you an ice cream cone". If someone is actually offended by that, they really need to grow some hair on their chest. It's actually an old joke from another board where me and Stu got DD all riled up one day. DD deserved it because he had posted Stu's father's personal info on a thread. Just an inside joke is all. No offense is actually meant. There are other people I know here that don't really post, so please don't assume it's always about the "old-timers" or any other groups of regular posters. There are actually many more members that don't post but only speak via PMs.

I hope this just isn't you being the board nancy again.

That's me!

There are actually many more members that don't post but only speak via PMs.

With you? :baiting:

Curious. Do you read all the posts in a thread or just, say, 1 out of every 5?

1 in 10 maybe. I enjoy goofing off as much as the next guy but when your posts are threats and then "just kidding" I tend to start skipping them altogether.

The guys over on the Lyria board are adamant that he is a previously banned member here. hm

If by "guys" you mean DG. lol

Just curious, if you've been on comic book forums for years like you say, why did it take you until 2012 to join the largest one? Seems...odd. You've never been here before?

I never say meet for an ice cream. I say, "I'd love TO BUY you an ice cream cone". If someone is actually offended by that, they really need to grow some hair on their chest. It's actually an old joke from another board where me and Stu got DD all riled up one day. DD deserved it because he had posted Stu's father's personal info on a thread. Just an inside joke is all. No offense is actually meant. There are other people I know here that don't really post, so please don't assume it's always about the "old-timers" or any other groups of regular posters. There are actually many more members that don't post but only speak via PMs.

I have said it a few times before but let me say it again. Every time you say anything about buying or meeting for an ice cream cone, people are taking it as "come meet me in person". You can intimate from there as to what people are gonna think from the random internet guy inviting them for an in person meet. This isn't the first time I have said this to you. Others have as well.

I don't even know what the "old timers" thing means. (shrug)

I'm still waiting for you to repost the post that made everyones' "blood boil", Roy. Are you going to post it? I said I would apologize. I just want to make sure you are not making things up.

"Blood boil" was probably the wrong phrase. "Abrasive posting style" is a better way of saying it.

You're abrasive and seem proud of it but nobody really knows you when you're doing it so instead of fun and funny it comes across as just abrasive.

Of course it might be fun and funny to you. If that's all that matters to you then mission accomplished.

Procrustean was TheQuestion right?

I thinks sos.

Ok. Did he come from the Ebay boards as that is where I am guessing he knows Stu from.

I am also wondering if those sweet, sweet rims ever went to Baskin Robbins.

Procrustean was TheQuestion right?

I thinks sos.

Ok. Did he come from the Ebay boards as that is where I am guessing he knows Stu from.

I am also wondering if those sweet, sweet rims ever went to Baskin Robbins.

I didn't follow crusty or questy very much so I can't say for sure who he knew but I do remember a certain...abrasiveness from crusty and questy that HulkSmash does seem to remind me of.

HulkSmash did act like he knew me though when he first joined as he went right after me with his 'nancy' comments or whatever they were (I tend to forget unimportant stuff easily)

Wait, did you just ask about ice cream? (tsk)