• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Procrustean was TheQuestion right?

I thinks sos.

Ok. Did he come from the Ebay boards as that is where I am guessing he knows Stu from.

I am also wondering if those sweet, sweet rims ever went to Baskin Robbins.

I didn't follow crusty or questy very much so I can't say for sure who he knew but I do remember a certain...abrasiveness from crusty and questy that HulkSmash does seem to remind me of.

HulkSmash did act like he knew me though when he first joined as he went right after me with his 'nancy' comments or whatever they were (I tend to forget unimportant stuff easily)

Wait, did you just ask about ice cream? (tsk)

It makes sense as TheQuestion was trying so hard to fit in impress everyone.

lol

I bet you know who HulkSmash is, you scamp. I think MajorKhaos, Procrustean, or TomMurnane's unknown twin.

I actually don't...but I do agree with beyonder...can't be MK. hm

lol

I bet you know who HulkSmash is, you scamp. I think MajorKhaos, Procrustean, or TomMurnane's unknown twin.

Again, I don't know MK well either but I don't think it's him.

Procrustean was TheQuestion right?

I thinks sos.

Ok. Did he come from the Ebay boards as that is where I am guessing he knows Stu from.

I am also wondering if those sweet, sweet rims ever went to Baskin Robbins.

I didn't follow crusty or questy very much so I can't say for sure who he knew but I do remember a certain...abrasiveness from crusty and questy that HulkSmash does seem to remind me of.

HulkSmash did act like he knew me though when he first joined as he went right after me with his 'nancy' comments or whatever they were (I tend to forget unimportant stuff easily)

Wait, did you just ask about ice cream? (tsk)

It makes sense as TheQuestion was trying so hard to fit in impress everyone.

Spinners would do the trick. And ice cream.

You might have to message Cal on this one to get the full scoop. hm

lol

Cal hates me after I got him to call the nuthouse a while back. I'll pass.

hm

Although he does still owe me lunch.

hm

But I am pretty sure he wanted to punch me during that lunch.

hm

Yeah,I'll pass.

lol

I never knew him but from reading old posts,he was funny as all get out. Provided I am thinking of the same guy.

lol

I never knew him but from reading old posts,he was funny as all get out. Provided I am thinking of the same guy.

Logan (MK) was awesome. It's too bad he had to go & get a life..... :sorry:

lol

I think MK was highly intelligent and funny from what I remember.

Didn't him and Joanna have that long story thread going? What was it called...

Didn't he get booted for something?

lol

I've met him in person a few times and I'll take him over your sorry azz any day of the week.

Quite possibly. Not difficult to create another ID though.

I wonder where Bug is these days.....

Find out yourself, loser

lol

I've met him in person a few times and I'll take him over your sorry azz any day of the week.

And then there's greggy.... :luhv:

Find out yourself, loser

I did. His user ID is no longer listed.

I think he had a dust up with someone over something and gut booted.

They should have kept you gone. STFU

I know we're still feeling this thing out, but I'm experimenting to see how we can gain traction.

I added approximate values to see if that would help. I'm wondering now if I need to add specific requests rather than leaving it wide open. I thought leaving it wide open might garner more interest, but it may have the opposite effect in that no one knows what they should offer.

I can post better books as well, but I don't want the value to get too high for potentially the first trade.

When I was a kid, we would trade comics on each others' doorsteps. We would each bring a box of comics that we were willing to trade, and we'd look through each others boxes to see what we might want. We'd haggle, but deals were made.

I know you guys like the one-at-a-time approach because it adds expectation and excitement, but I'm not convinced this will work with a trade forum. I think you need to find some way of getting everyone's virtual boxes of comics all in the same place at the same time. As deals are struck, it will attract other people with their boxes.

In short, I think we need a matrix approach rather than a linear one; one where everyone's trade offers and wants are known at the same time to facilitate exchanges. A forum dedicated to trading would be ideal. Barring that, some form of spreadsheet or the method that Fingh mentioned would also work.

When I was a kid, we would trade comics on each others' doorsteps. We would each bring a box of comics that we were willing to trade, and we'd look through each others boxes to see what we might want. We'd haggle, but deals were made.

I know you guys like the one-at-a-time approach because it adds expectation and excitement, but I'm not convinced this will work with a trade forum. I think you need to find some way of getting everyone's virtual boxes of comics all in the same place at the same time. As deals are struck, it will attract other people with their boxes.

In short, I think we need a matrix approach rather than a linear one; one where everyone's trade offers and wants are known at the same time to facilitate exchanges. A forum dedicated to trading would be ideal. Barring that, some form of spreadsheet or the method that Fingh mentioned would also work.

I like it, but I think you're right; we'd basically need a subforum dedicated to it. I have no idea how the site structure is handled around here. (shrug)

I like it, but I think you're right; we'd basically need a subforum dedicated to it. I have no idea how the site structure is handled around here. (shrug)

The sub-forum would have to approved by Arch, and I'm not sure he'd go for it.

A spreadsheet approach could be done in a single thread. Here's one way of doing it:

Basically, new offers would be through individual posts. A summary list would have to be maintained, probably similar to the HOS/PL list with links to the original offer and pics. I would imagine trades would best be facilitated through PM to keep the haggling private. Completed trades would be announced in a subsequent post, and the summary list updated with the removed books.