• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Now let's talk about why Ditch left

I'm sure it had something to do with you. lol

:sorry:

Rifolli: Slym left the boards because he got tired of logging on and seeing the same name under every single post but with nothing relevant to add. It is not my place to really go into detail but he did let me know. Personally, I think it is loss to the boards. I liked Slym.

Ben, in all honestly, re-read that. Besides the fact that relevance has various degrees, and there is also subjectivity to take into account, all it takes to read relevant things is to look for them, and – inversely – as you see a conversation which has no value, all it takes is to leave it and move to other ones with content.

You know I like Slym too and appreciate his qualities, but he is too sensitive. His temper/character gives him a tendency to absolutize and to be drastic, and that is very dangerous as it also exposes you to the danger of judging people, not their actions.

As far as kav: it does not make sense, as much "annoying" a prolific poster may be, all you need to do is just move to another topic, or follow the ones you are interested in. And kav is a nice person too.

And as a side note: honestly, putting users on "ignore" is not such a great thing.

BTW, kav you are about to reach me (in terms of posts) and I subscribed about a year and a half before you… lol

Wow Valliant your a massive poster too

Slym loved to dish it out but got butthurt on the incoming dishing

Requires more energy to hate so i hope he is doing good

San Antonio are the champs again so life is pretty good

Wow Valliant your a massive poster too

Yes, but my posts are full of awe and inspiration… lol

Requires more energy to hate so i hope he is doing good

I don’t think it’s hate, I just hope he stops to be disheartened. Pride takes a million forms, but they are all harmful. (shrug)

Some people have no life and post a lot because that's the only interaction they get. Hating their guts for it, especially if you yourself post a lot, is odd. Slym left because he 'got tired of seeing the same name'-uh, his name appeared as much as mine....I could make the same 'relevance' charge about his posts...

Shadow: What happens is that things will move very very fast when it happens. I have seen a dozen offers go in an hour, I kid you not. On the flip side though, things come to a grinding halt from time to time. Dont give up on it. Especially since I want your original art. :grin:

Rifolli: Slym left the boards because he got tired of logging on and seeing the same name under every single post but with nothing relevant to add. It is not my place to really go into detail but he did let me know. Personally, I think it is loss to the boards. I liked Slym.

Slym?

So when he was the top poster it was ok but when I became the top poster it was 'just awful' and he had to FDQ exit

I guess him constantly being a Debbie Downer and telling people what they should post was 'relevant' in his book....

I would love to know what FDQ moment you are referring to? He didnt say a word of drama. I was simply letting people know because they were worried something happened to him. Some would say it is not how much you post but when and what.

Ben, in all honestly, re-read that. Besides the fact that relevance has various degrees, and there is also subjectivity to take into account, all it takes to read relevant things is to look for them, and – inversely – as you see a conversation which has no value, all it takes is to leave it and move to other ones with content.

You know I like Slym too and appreciate his qualities, but he is too sensitive. His temper/character gives him a tendency to absolutize and to be drastic, and that is very dangerous as it also exposes you to the danger of judging people, not their actions.

As far as kav: it does not make sense, as much "annoying" a prolific poster may be, all you need to do is just move to another topic, or follow the ones you are interested in. And kav is a nice person too.

And as a side note: honestly, putting users on "ignore" is not such a great thing.

Im not for sure of exactly everything you said here. I like that Kav has to be a part of every conversation so much so that he assumes even this one is about him. :facepalm:

Im not for sure of exactly everything you said here. I like that Kav has to be a part of every conversation so much so that he assumes even this one is about him. :facepalm:

I'm not going to assume that comment was about me.

Vegas has just posted odds up on the Big Board.....

slym left because of whom posting too much...

kav 1-3

HarveySwick 1-2

himself 1-2

everyone else 1000-1

Let's see

Slym had just ordered me not to post more than one comment in any thread

He had recently excoriated me for posting too much-on a week where he out posted me btw

He posted he was tired of my posts and was putting me on ignore

But yeah, he was probly talking about someone else....

So when he was the top poster it was ok but when I became the top poster it was 'just awful' and he had to FDQ exit

Care to address the part about him leaving like a FDQ because you became the top poster? I quoted you above in case you forgot. I keep looking but I am unable to find this exit you speak of anywhere.

Vegas has just posted odds up on the Big Board.....

slym left because of whom posting too much...

kav 1-3

HarveySwick 1-2

himself 1-2

everyone else 1000-1

:roflmao: