• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Kav, come on buddy, ONE post per the entire thread ever and spoiler your pic!

does everyone have to spoil their pics? I see plenty of people that have not.

Can I make a booth, trade, and delete the booth when I'm done with that trade. And make a new booth. So it's always at the end?

hm DId not really think about that. As long as it does not become an issue I have no problem with it. If at some point it does I will reevaluate and change the rules accordingly.

Would also like to say if you are not going to put up a trade post and have only made a post in the thread for no reason please delete it. Thanks Lyle

So now there's a one-on-one Trading thread, two "I want that and don't need this" threads & a discussion thread that covers all three.

Should all this comic book exchange nonsense be moved into a marketplace sub-forum so that we can endlessly discuss movies, bad e-bayers, birthdays & hack on each other without these distractions?

:D

Can I make a booth, trade, and delete the booth when I'm done with that trade. And make a new booth. So it's always at the end?

hm DId not really think about that. As long as it does not become an issue I have no problem with it. If at some point it does I will reevaluate and change the rules accordingly.

Would also like to say if you are not going to put up a trade post and have only made a post in the thread for no reason please delete it. Thanks Lyle

No worries, I am planning on making a trading booth. Why would someone post for no reason?

How about we see how this goes before we start making changes :)

The poll means little other than trying to get a sense of what people think & getting people discussing it (publicly)

I''m just asking because I'm not sure how many threads where people aren't allowed to post & have general discussion should be continuously bumped on page one of CG?

Ultimately, I think it'd be up to the thread starters to initiate such a move or request it from Arch.

(shrug)

I gave your post some thought and decided to delete my post until I am prepared to post my trade offers with something for people to review rather than just a "reserved" spot.

Seems like the best way to make this thread work would be to have people making changes cut and paste their old one, make changes and then delete the old. one. That wold keep it clean , bump the thread naturally, and keep folks from having to find any changes made each time. I would further throw in this idea-- if you make a chnage to your post, hihghlight the new information with color or bold-- to help those looking find the changes if you are unwilling to delete/repost.

I made a banner for the trading thread for myself, and CAHokie asked me to make him one as well. If you are going to keep an active post and would like a banner let me know and I'll make you one. For banner requests, keep it pretty simple. Something along the lines of "Black Cat themed, with text that says 'the CAHokie trading post". If you get to specific and it takes me longer than 10-15 minutes to make I probably won't get around to it. If you have a specific image you want me to use that would probably make it even easier.

trade.jpg

cahokie.jpg

There are some people which do not appear to be much accustomed to set clickable thumbnails of the pictures. Maybe we should set up a small tutorial for the most used hosting sites (Photobucket, Imgur, etc.)?

I use postimage.org for image hosting, after you upload an image, it gives you the option to copy the code to paste into the forum. One of the options is for clickable thumbnails. It's very easy to use.

There are some people which do not appear to be much accustomed to set clickable thumbnails of the pictures. Maybe we should set up a small tutorial for the most used hosting sites (Photobucket, Imgur, etc.)?

I use postimage.org for image hosting, after you upload an image, it gives you the option to copy the code to paste into the forum. One of the options is for clickable thumbnails. It's very easy to use.

Options for clickable thumbnails are available in the other sites I mentioned as well – I just think people might not be accustomed to use them, hence my comment. :)