• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Snootier clientele? In my best Charles Winchester III voice;

"You couldn't pay me to take anything unless it's got atleast one yellow label slabbed 9.8! I wouldn't sully my hands with opening the mailer containing anything less."

Seriously, some stuff just isn't certain people's cup of tea. I noticed a certain dearth of Dark Horse threads on these boards. :boo:

-T

I swear I saw someone looking for Rocketeer books a while back. I know my collecting focus is narrow but if I saw something out that was supercool to me I might grab it. I have a bunch of books I would love to post up in the PIF/GT but it just doesn't seem to move much anymore.

So any new conjecture as to way the lack of participants in either thread? It seems to have slowed down to a crawl with the chance of both threads stalling out again. (shrug)

People love to come up with different reasons, but plain and simple... if the offer is sitting, nobody wants it.

So any new conjecture as to way the lack of participants in either thread? It seems to have slowed down to a crawl with the chance of both threads stalling out again. (shrug)

People love to come up with different reasons, but plain and simple... if the offer is sitting, nobody no one who can take it wants it.

fixed for you.

People love to come up with different reasons, but plain and simple... if the offer is sitting, nobody no one who can take it wants it.

fixed for you.

TGT offer is open to anybody right now. PIF, maybe one or two people can't participate. So sure, nobody can take it. :eyeroll:

GT has penalties to help prevent people from taking advantage of the thread. There are still loopholes but at least some form of accountability.

So what is the difference between the giving tree and pay it forward?
Some would say the quality of the offers.

fixed for you.

TGT offer is open to anybody right now. PIF, maybe one or two people can't participate. So sure, nobody can take it. :eyeroll:

:eyeroll: right back at you.

I wasn't speaking of either current offer. Your statement was a blanket statement for all PIF/GT offers. Many times I've been a state or two away from my comics and have seen offers I would have taken but (because of MY circumstances) couldn't take the offer. And I guess you'd consider Web-Crawlers offer deserving of the strike?

As a new member it is a bit confusing. I spent a fair amount of time looking at both threads and trying to figure out why there were two that seemed to be doing the same thing.

They are also a bit intimidating. I would be very hesitant to ever take anything (other than a RAK) as I would worry about what I had to offer. Just my 2 cents as a forum and comic collector noob.

As a new member it is a bit confusing. I spent a fair amount of time looking at both threads and trying to figure out why there were two that seemed to be doing the same thing.

They are also a bit intimidating. I would be very hesitant to ever take anything (other than a RAK) as I would worry about what I had to offer. Just my 2 cents as a forum and comic collector noob.

I hope that we can change that in the near future. I personally don't expect anyone to exceed/match my offers as long as you try your hardest to get your offer taken with something cool. Willingness to change the offer up is the biggest deal in my opinion. Unfortunately I think some offers might just not get taken for what ever reason.

The GT was started so there was a way to control anyone being taken advantage of. Say you took a Silver age Batman lot and offerd up a silver age Spiderman lot. The next person take the Spidey's and offers up a copy of Xforce #1.

The GT gives you the ability to reject that as an offer if you so wish. The strike system was supposed to help keep people from taking advantage but sometimes it may affect good people that don't get taken there offer taken for whatever reason.

So is it just a constant escalation in value then in the giving tree? Does every offer top the previous offer?

It does not need to in my opinion if I offer up a sIlver age Captain America I don't care if you can match the value per say as long as you don't offer up quarter bin books in return. jmho

Then why are there two? Especially if they're not doing well, seems like a deal killer to me.

Bringing the PIF and TGT into one thread. Seems like a good idea Speedy, but don't know that it will happen.