• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Then why are there two? Especially if they're not doing well, seems like a deal killer to me.

Bringing the PIF and TGT into one thread. Seems like a good idea Speedy, but don't know that it will happen.

maybe one should end and the other continue

Then why are there two? Especially if they're not doing well, seems like a deal killer to me.

Bringing the PIF and TGT into one thread. Seems like a good idea Speedy, but don't know that it will happen.

My opinion is that both threads need some tweaking. I think the two can be merged and the best parts incorporated into one thread.

Looks like this just happened.

My opinion is that both threads need some tweaking. I think the two can be merged and the best parts incorporated into one thread.

That’s what I actually suggested in the TGT – if Harvey thinks it’s doable… :)

I think people don't seem to get interested unless you throw out at least three figures worth of comics. Everyone one wants something one sided. You trade with them they think "I need to get more for mine". You give something and they think they should give less. (shrug) maybe I have just lost faith in people.

I didn't participate and disagreed with several decisions made in how TGT was being run, but Harvey stated many times, it wasn't about value. It was effort.

The act of giving something that means something to you.

The times the thread stalled, regardless of the perceived quality of the offer, there was no change to the offer after a certain period. The old, it's a good offer, if I get a strike I get a strike. Most great offers go in seconds, good offers within the hour of posting or after the 48 hour rule kicked in, after that....it's probably not going anywhere.

I wasn't constructive in my comments when the thread started, and decided not to participate, but I still followed it and it resembled the PIF in many ways so I'm not sure how you would fix either.

I lost interest in the thread after checking the thread and seeing the thread get filled up with posts from people asking and giving out drawings. I just thought that was distracting and took away too much attention from the offer.
No comment.

I lost interest in the thread after checking the thread and seeing the thread get filled up with posts from people asking and giving out drawings. I just thought that was distracting and took away too much attention from the offer.

I'm going to defend Kav here. In a thread all about giving, there was nothing wrong with Kav giving out his artwork. Lots of people like it.

I'm going to defend Kav here. In a thread all about giving, there was nothing wrong with Kav giving out his artwork. Lots of people like it.

:applause:

A lot of people liked Kav's bootylicious artwork

I'd agree with that.

The issue as I saw it was while the RAK's were great, who would speak out against something like just giving for nothing, they did take away from the offer.

Why take the current offer which you would have to reciprocate, when you can just wait for a freebie.

There isn't anything wrong with him giving out his work. I just stopped following it after a while because there was a stretch of time where that was the only thing that was being discussed. Again, nothing wrong with it and I know a lot of people liked it.

I'd agree with that.

The issue as I saw it was while the RAK's were great, who would speak out against something like just giving for nothing, they did take away from the offer.

Why take the current offer which you would have to reciprocate, when you can just wait for a freebie.

This is the part that concerned me near the end as well. There are a few members that had no problems taking RAK's but never offered any and never participated in the actual exchange. That drives me up the wall. The good part though is that they were a small minority and thanks to Swick's tracking system, you could tell who they were.