• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

So how about a trading thread with the following premise.

You post up the books you a have to trade and what you are looking for. All dealing will be done by PM's. Each person can add to the thread and it is each members responsible to update his/her thread when books are traded. I know its a little looser than one trade per whatever... Maybe a bit to crazy too. May also be against some rule I don't know about too.

Just looking for ways to trade off what I have and don't collect.

hm

I think it could work as long as it is handled like the VCC. Each person has a booth and only 1 booth. They can update it or change it at any time as long as it stays in that post. No chatting at all permitted in the thread.

Love it! :applause: I have TONS of junk that someone else might think is gold and vice versa! I think the "up to bat" idea was awesome, but I think people felt on the spot by offering up something. Having a "booth" could be cool. People could make banners and just update their "booth" (or post) when they have new stuff to trade! :banana:

No chatting at all permitted in the thread.

That I think might be a miracle around here. :D

If someone posted something, instead of replying to it in the thread, politely PM them and ask they delete the comment and respond here. (thumbs u

It could definitely work!

Do you guys want me to start one tonight? I will hook up with some other boardies to discuss the very few rules to put in place. :)

Do you guys want me to start one tonight? I will hook up with some other boardies to discuss the very few rules to put in place. :)

Just in case anyone is interested... You can get a free booth here.

I use it to keep an online inventory of my stuff that is for sale, trade, etc. I give that link to people when I need to show them what I can offer, like I have done for Hokie for my recent PIF offer. :) The site doesn't have much traffic but if someone happens to buy an item of yours... all the more better, right? You could use your account link to create a "My booth" link for here on the CGC forums. You'll be able to list all you want, have pictures of your stuff, and keep everything all together. Just an option for you to consider. As an example.. this would be the link for My Booth. I used to have 5000 different listings on it, so you can store a lot of your stuff there. :)

Ok, it will be up and running tonight. You guys get the credit for the idea though. The only issue is will it be allowed in CG or will it get moved to sales.

Ok, it will be up and running tonight. You guys get the credit for the idea though. The only issue is will it be allowed in CG or will it get moved to sales.

The old one was in CG and wasn't moved so I think you'll be fine. (thumbs u

So how about a trading thread with the following premise.

You post up the books you a have to trade and what you are looking for. All dealing will be done by PM's. Each person can add to the thread and it is each members responsible to update his/her thread when books are traded. I know its a little looser than one trade per whatever... Maybe a bit to crazy too. May also be against some rule I don't know about too.

Just looking for ways to trade off what I have and don't collect.

hm

I think it could work as long as it is handled like the VCC. Each person has a booth and only 1 booth. They can update it or change it at any time as long as it stays in that post. No chatting at all permitted in the thread.

(thumbs u

Great idea

Hahha sorry about that. I have someone helping me create an example page of how people should list their items. I didnt want to roll it out too soon and it not look right. :foryou:lol

SORRY!!! I have someone helping me create an example page of how people should list their items. I didnt want to roll it out too soon and it not look right. :foryou:lol

No need to be sorry. I was just curious. Thanks for taking the time to do this btw! (thumbs u