• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Bumping this for new trading post talk

Do you think that there should be a rule about having to delete a post if it is empty for some period of time? I would be concerned that people reserve space in the thread but don't use it and browsers have to go through page after page of empty posts.

Yeah...we were just talking about that. We will ask them to delete it but they could just ignore us. Same with comments...all we can do is ask.

If they aren't participating then why would they follow the rules??

Well my hope would be that if it's a rule listed in the first post, and someone doesn't follow it, perhaps a forum moderator could be asked to intervene and delete the defunct post in the thread.

That is a very good question. I think the simplest way would be to to create a new thread each August 1st . It would be easy for people to copy and post their current code to the new thread.

First, I think this is a great idea, but my concern is if you have too many people looking to trade. I know that if someone has posts on page 6 and the thread is up to page 25 I will never look back at their listings on page 6.

Possibly a sub area under Selling would be better and not in General. Or maybe 3 trading threads stickied in GA/SA/BA, Mixed and Modern. Just a thought.

I would not divide the thread across the GA/SA/BA thread – this pretty much weakens the possibilities of trading across different interests/ages.

I would just stress one person should not set up a trade booth if he has no intention to keep it updated, and I would keep the limit of the slots to one per person.

And if a booth goes for beyond the year that you can edit/delete it? Or is this not expected to go that long? Will there be a different Trading Post thread every year?

You can edit a post up to one year. The clock resets each time you edit a post - see *bronze age fan*'s thread that he continues to have the ability to edit and is a few years old. As long as you don't let it sit there and be stagnant, you can always edit it. This is a dilemma I was concerned about regarding the club lists I made and I believe it shouldn't be a problem.

If people decide to be trolls in a thread like this, I'd suggest you PM them and politely request that they delete their comments, if they don't - hit the notify button and maybe PM CGCMod0?

Won't the trading thread quickly be off the first page once everyone picks a booth? Will the thread get stuck up top?

I'll add it to the Noob Guide. (shrug) I think people will just have to add it to their watched lists or save a link to it unless it gets stickied.