• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone using "Paypal Here"

21 posts in this topic

Thanks for the responses, all sounds quite positive.

So there is a one off payment for the card reader and then it's just a flat Paypal fee on transactions, right?

How long does the charge last on a card reader?

I don't think there is a charge for the card reader, mine was free, just the price per transaction. But I used it with my iPhone, are you looking at a stand alone system? I found during busy times at the con, the phones were swamped and at the worst times it could take 10-15 minutes for a card to clear, maybe it just felt like that because we were busy and I couldn't do anything else.

I don't think there is a charge for the card reader, mine was free, just the price per transaction. But I used it with my iPhone, are you looking at a stand alone system? I found during busy times at the con, the phones were swamped and at the worst times it could take 10-15 minutes for a card to clear, maybe it just felt like that because we were busy and I couldn't do anything else.

They are charging for the reader now......

"There are no monthly fees or hidden costs. Getting the card reader is a one-off purchase of £99 (incl. VAT and free delivery). Then you just pay 2.75% for every payment you take with Chip and PIN cards and/or PayPal Check in*."

"There are no monthly fees or hidden costs. Getting the card reader is a one-off purchase of £99 (incl. VAT and free delivery). Then you just pay 2.75% for every payment you take with Chip and PIN cards and/or PayPal Check in*."

No, the reader is free in the US.

Bummer, they're charging for it over here.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/how-to-use-paypal-here#charging-the-reader

Will it work with an iPad?

If your iPad has cellular reception or an Internet connection. There is an app you have to download.

Yeah, did see about the app. (thumbs u

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/how-to-use-paypal-here#charging-the-reader

Interesting - looks like the UK reader is completely different than the US one.

UK:

Image%202013.08.25%2012%3A06%3A16%20PM.png

US:

Image%202013.08.25%2012%3A07%3A01%20PM.png

Interesting - looks like the UK reader is completely different than the US one.

UK:

Image%202013.08.25%2012%3A06%3A16%20PM.png

US:

Image%202013.08.25%2012%3A07%3A01%20PM.png

How does the US version deal with PIN numbers?

Are they entered into the phone or whatever device you're connecting to?

PIN numbers or CVV numbers?
PIN numbers. Credit cards in the UK and mostly Canada use PINs instead of using signatures.

That's why I had to buy your Oyster cards when we were in London earlier in the year, as your cards didn't work.

xoxo

greggy

PIN numbers or CVV numbers?
PIN numbers. Credit cards in the UK and mostly Canada use PINs instead of using signatures.

That's why I had to buy your Oyster cards when we were in London earlier in the year, as your cards didn't work.

xoxo

greggy

His cards never work.

How does the US version deal with PIN numbers?

Are they entered into the phone or whatever device you're connecting to?

You don't enter a PIN on the US version - just swipe the card and have the customer sign.