• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Masterworks question

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

not really sure, if this is the correct section, as the stories themselves are not exactly "modern". But I would appreciate some input.

I've been looking into getting some Marvel Masterworks HC books for my collection, and I'm finding, that there are several different versions around. Could you guys help me in explainning the differences?

E.g. Marvel Masterworks Amazing Spider-Man

There is a "Framed" Version of the cover, as well as an unframed version. What is the difference? Is one considered to be rarer than the other?

Is there a price difference?

Are there any Marvel Masterworks Books, which are considered to be exceptionally hard to find?

Thanks for your help.

The framed version of the cover is more rare, though there is no diffence in MSRP.

However, its numbering follows the entire Masterworks Library set (all volumes of all titles, numbered sequentially) rather than numbering for just Amazing Spider-Man.

If you're into collecting all of the Masterworks titles, the limited version looks cool on a shelf as part of the entire Marvel collection - if not, the normal version is the way to go.

If you're looking for continuity in the spines of the books on your shelf, watch out for older printings as the colour of the lettering / layout has changed a few times.

Buy the softcovers versions. They are currently at volume 56 and are being reprinted in the same order as the original hardcovers. There is a limited edition version and a regular version which features some very sharp painted covers.

Phil

JUN130670.jpg

JUN130671.jpg

Hi,

not really sure, if this is the correct section, as the stories themselves are not exactly "modern". But I would appreciate some input.

I've been looking into getting some Marvel Masterworks HC books for my collection, and I'm finding, that there are several different versions around. Could you guys help me in explainning the differences?

E.g. Marvel Masterworks Amazing Spider-Man

There is a "Framed" Version of the cover, as well as an unframed version. What is the difference? Is one considered to be rarer than the other?

Is there a price difference?

Are there any Marvel Masterworks Books, which are considered to be exceptionally hard to find?

Thanks for your help.