• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: DC Archives (GL, Flash, and JLA)

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking for the best prices on all the DC Archives for Green Lantern, Flash, and the JLA. Who has the best prices? I've done some research through bookfinder.com and on ebay, and was wondering if there were any other sources out there.

I'd love to trade for them if possible, but I'm also looking for the best price if I have to buy.

theres a company that takes ads in CBG that sells em all for $35 each, and a bit more for th emore expensive ones. I dont know if you care but there have been multiple printings of thee DC Archives over the years. And later printings are not marked as such. There are differentiations on the back covers that you can learn about.

Im not well versed in all the minutiae, but the first generation had the price info all on one long line all across the bottoms of the back covers. Later printings had all this info stacked on a bunch of short lines and (I think) added a UPC box too.

I was buying them all, stopped, and then went back to complete the set. BUT - - you know what? theyve done just too many for me to keep up with at $40 to $50 each (I get different discounts here and there) so I stopped again a year ago. Ive got three long boxes full that I cant lift!!

Pretty sure I've got a JLA vol2 still in its shrinkwrap, want me to look for it?

Sure, if you have time. PM me when you find it and let me know how much you want for it.

Oh, and as an update, I was able to find the Silver Age GL Archives vol. 3 & 4, and the GA Flash Archives vol. 1 online yesterday, all for $25 each. smile.gif

When I first started searching, there was a vol. of the JLA Archives on half.com for only $19.99, but I wanted to do some more research before I bought. I went back yesterday and it was GONE. Oh well. smile.gif Even at a discounted price, the JLA set is going to be a little pricey to get. But cheaper than buying the original issues, which is why I'm getting the Archives.