• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What should I tell my wife?

69 posts in this topic

I have the same issue.

I've told my wife where all the important papers are (my file cabinet at work).

Assuming that you work for someone else, are you sure your company will allow your wife access to the filing cabinet in your office were you to pass away? I would also worry about someone gaining access to my sensitive personal papers at night or on weekends. Where I work, there have been occasional thefts either by the cleaning staff or by people who gain access to offices while the cleaning staff has the doors open or unlocked.

Just being a buttinski! :D

If you have a friend who you trust, ask your wife to ask him to help you get rid of it.

THIS

The only concern with this is, for people who know next to nothing about comics to try and get even a portion of the value without getting ripped off is nearly impossible.

I have put my collection together and would struggle with the time and effort involved in trying to get rid if I wanted to.

You could not put that level of commitment on a friend, it would just be too much and a dealer would eventually have to be called in and would score the lot at bulk value :(

For my slabs: a note with instructions on how to box n ship em for the next monthly Clink auction. Let the chips fall as they may.

For the raws , slightly diff instructions: My car. As many raws slammed in there as tightly and hap-hazardly as possible. Doused in lighter fluid, ignited. Accelerator pedal pinned down. A cliff , junkyard below. Van Halen's "ain't talkin ' bout love" blaring as loud as possible.