• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The StupidKid collection - for CI and S'pimp

28 posts in this topic

This one and the Miss Fury are actually books I didn't plan on keeping (I wanted to keep a couple others that came out of the same collection), but not only do have to sell a lot of books you'd like to keep when you're a dealer - I actually had a hard time finding a buyer for these - even though they were unrestored and #1 issues. So I just filed them away, and now I'm pretty happy I did.

kid1.jpg

This one I got when an old lady came into the store and asked me if I would give her $2.00 for it. I told her all I had on me was a $20 bill and that if I gave her it for the comic, she would have to at least buy me a coke because she was taking such advantage of me.

Just kidding there, CI...

yonga1.jpg

nice books sean, the gloss on the spines looks still wet. wink.gifgrin.gif are you going to be slabbing the books anytime soon? the superboy 1 looks VF-/VF, but with the graders at CGC you'll never know. blush.gifshocked.giftongue.gifgrin.gif hope you didn't mess your books while scanning them to post here. wink.gif

Thanks - I hope I didn't screw any of them up while scanning too - that's why I keep them locked away, so I'm not tempted to read them all the time. The only thing I really keep on display is my Batman #11 and Superman #14.

Not really planning on sending any in soon - but I might have to send in a few

Zap #1's depending on what ComicWiz thinks of them.

I know what you mean...its a bummer to see all these books and then see my collection and just shake my head....its like going to a Ferrari show and then hopping in your suped up Honda afterwards....its not the same is it? frown.gif

There's an old saying that goes "A man with only one loaf of bread worries about where his next one will come from, while a man with two loaves of bread worries about the second one going moldy."

The moral of the story in this context is to be psyched about your own collection (and collecting in general) for what you have, and what you strive to have (e.g. a 9.8 Iron Fist 14), and not what the other guy has, or strives to have (e.g. the "better" WW 1). The thrill of the hunt is what makes collecting fun, and many times I've found that the day after the book arrives in the mail isn't nearly as exciting as the day before...but yeah, compared to Sean's books mine suck too! smirk.gif

I know Doc....actually im quite proud of my collection and even though it not chock full of Golden Age #1s. It still gets oooohs and ahhhhs from most of my friendly collectors and I wouldnt trade it for anything. hmmmmm except maybe for that Iron Fist 14 CGC 9.8! wink.gif

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, and tomorrow I'm posting pictures of my Groo collection just so you don't think I'm some kind of stuck up snob. wink.gif

But seriously, some of these of course I saved on purpose, but a few were just by accident. For example, I tried like heck to sell that Kid Komics #1 before, but it just wasn't a popular title, and when I kinds shifted focus away from old books, it just happened to be one of the ones that I was stuck with (would have much rather had the money at the time), but now it's been put up and forgotten about - makes me feel good that you guys think it's cool.

And don't worry HKP - I've got some beat up and restored things too (sometimes on the same book), it was just more fun to put these up.

maybe tomorrow I'll post low-grade restored non-keys...