• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first ebay return - Beware of seller badds99

48 posts in this topic

Ebay customer support is a joke. I let the case escalate and they closed it within 2 minutes. Was this even read by a real person or just automatically processed? And the big joke within all of this is, I only get 3 GBP refund for the shipping costs that would have cost me 8 GBP if I would send it priority and registered. Whatever, I will send it the cheapest way now for the same amount I got repaid.

That means UK seller badds99 will soon be in possession of Hulk #271 again. Please don't buy the book, he offeres it as VF but it has very ugly rusty staples.

Looks like badds99 got the mods to delete 3 pages of this thread, including all the pics. WTF

It's the first time I've looked in on this thread so don't know why the mods would've deleted the posts. Is badds99 a boardmember? Do we know his real name?

For him to have claimed that the book doesn't have rusty staples is beyond a joke, I can only assume that he hoped that you would think it was too much hassle to return the book.

Just had a look at the sellers auctions and there is some unbelievably attrocious grading. Badds99 claims that the WWBN # 32 in this link is VF. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARVEL-Comics-MOONKNIGHT-WEREWOLF-BY-NIGHT-Bronze-32-33-1st-appearance-1975-/370598909051?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item56496a947b

@Black Lantern: I am sorry to hear about this. I find that eBay’s customer support does not work wonderfully too.

About the seller: I have recently purchased three books from the seller, and asked many questions before completing the purchase. The books were as described, and even if a portion of his inventory looks a bit overgraded, I have to say I have been happy: the communication was good and I am sure he did not send you the book with the rusted staples on purpose.

I will PM you his email, I suggest you not to get angry and rather re-explain calmly to him the situation: I am sure that if you show him the pictures he will agree he has to take the book back.

@Black Lantern: I am sorry to hear about this. I find that eBay’s customer support does not work wonderfully too.

About the seller: I have recently purchased three books from the seller, and asked many questions before completing the purchase. The books were as described, and even if a portion of his inventory looks a bit overgraded, I have to say I have been happy: the communication was good and I am sure he did not send you the book with the rusted staples on purpose.

I will PM you his email, I suggest you not to get angry and rather re-explain calmly to him the situation: I am sure that if you show him the pictures he will agree he has to take the book back.

The case is closed. There is nothing more I can do about it. And it was not about takeing the book back or not, he didn't want to pay me full shipping costs, which he should have because all of this was his fault, not mine.

And it really doesn't matter how he deals with other persons, in my case it was one of the worst customer supports I ever experienced. Have you seen the pictures? I sent them to badds99 too. You know what he told me? That he can't see any rust. And about the not sending me the book with rusty staples on purpose, I asked him about the staples BEFORE I bought the book and he told me afterwards that he had double checked the staples. There is nothing more to say about the case, it simply was a big wast of my time.

Just had a look at the sellers auctions and there is some unbelievably attrocious grading. Badds99 claims that the WWBN # 32 in this link is VF. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARVEL-Comics-MOONKNIGHT-WEREWOLF-BY-NIGHT-Bronze-32-33-1st-appearance-1975-/370598909051?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item56496a947b

Wow...he grades that #32 as VFN (9.0) :o

Minor creasing?!?! If that is minor creasing I would love to see what his idea of a major crease is (probably the San Andreas Fault).

Minor creasing?!?! If that is minor creasing I would love to see what his idea of a major crease is (probably the San Andreas Fault).

Oh boy! I have an entire box of 9.8s to sell him. His 9.8s, of course.

:whee:

Oh boy! I have an entire box of 9.8s to sell him. His 9.8s, of course.

:whee:

I imagine a seller like this conveniently removes his blinders when buying books. He'd say they're GD+ at best.

Okay, it seems that I have not read the details correctly when I got the message from PayPal. Since the amount of £33.18 was the one I would get if I return the book, I thought that I would have to return it as I saw the £33.18 in the e-Mail from PayPal.

But as I logged in at my ebay account, there are more details: "You've been issued a courtesy refund by eBay."

Does that mean I get the money without returning the book? Looks as though this is the case.

In the end he paid more than If he would have refunded me £20 pounds as I asked him to do so or just paid my full return shipping costs. Now he lost the money and the book. Hope he learned his lesson!

And it really doesn't matter how he deals with other persons, in my case it was one of the worst customer supports I ever experienced. Have you seen the pictures? I sent them to badds99 too. You know what he told me? That he can't see any rust. And about the not sending me the book with rusty staples on purpose, I asked him about the staples BEFORE I bought the book and he told me afterwards that he had double checked the staples. There is nothing more to say about the case, it simply was a big wast of my time.

If so, that’s pretty bad – sorry about that. As I said, it seemed pretty much a honest dealer to me although a good portion of his books look overgraded (mine weren't). Hope this serves as a lesson to him, if he truly was careless as you say. (shrug)