• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hot modern comics

31 posts in this topic

first of final story arc for Thor before he undergoes whatever changes this Avengers Disassembled storyline has in store for him. The story and art is awesome and the first two issues of this current arc were underordered because 1) nothing was going on in the Thor title previously that would appeal to folks outside of the Thor completionists. The whole Future/alternate Thor deal was terrible - art and storywise 2)no one anticipated that these issues would generate as big a buzz as they have. Another factor increasing its worth is that it is one of the earlier Avengers disassembled tie-ins which came out before Avengers 500 so most folks probably were caught sleeping

And the issues leads to events that bring Beta Ray Bill back into the Thor title who for some is worth the price of admission alone...throw in rumors that Goldilocks Thor "dies" in this whole Avengers disassembled deal and that Beta Ray may take up the Hammer.... there is just a lot of demand for this book and barely enough supply. I don't know ANYONE who ordered enough of these. I only picked up 3 copies at cover when I was ordering.

thanks Darth for the reply...but won't this hype be of a short time period (seeing that the avengers disassemble storyline, will grow cold fast)?!

Reed Richards died in an FF comic (in the 300's) creating a huge buzz ... similar to what's happening in Thor now. That issue is now considered "modern junk".

The only difference I see is in the amount of issues printed. That's kinda' an unknown as far as this hype having any legs or not.

thanks Darth for the reply...but won't this hype be of a short time period (seeing that the avengers disassemble storyline, will grow cold fast)?!

Reed Richards died in an FF comic (in the 300's) creating a huge buzz ... similar to what's happening in Thor now. That issue is now considered "modern junk".

The only difference I see is in the amount of issues printed. That's kinda' an unknown as far as this hype having any legs or not.

Who cares? You're flipping. Flipping is done fast for quick profit.

just took a look on the stores around here and no way to find an issue of thor between n°80 and 83...it seems people are enjoying/reading this storyline (from what 2 store owners told me...usually he "catchs the buyers moves" who are more in the speculative area).

i saw n°84 and the art/story seem very interesting and i didn't knew it was tied in with my current fav. marvel title: Loki.

saw on ebay, but it seems there's a slight fever on this small run...first time i wee a modern thor catching up some attention, way to go Norin Radd, it was about time!!!

regarding NYX n°3, either it's wolvies daughter or not, people are bidding a lot to have it and this issue is almost impossible to track it down...anyone knows the printing numbers on this issues (nyx and thor)?!

NYX #3 (dec '03)

That makes me think this book may actually have potential beyond short term flipping if Marvel actually makes her a major player in the X books...