• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Can't Wait Till Next Year

2 posts in this topic

Yet there's still plenty to go in 2013

This year's coming to a close in a few months and there are still a few big Con's left out there on the horizon. Dragon Con, Baltimore, NYCC and even a trip to see the Wizard for my family and I later in November. While I am looking forward to getting a few things signed by Neal Adams, O'Neil, Cappullo, and a hand full of blank sketch's to pick-up what I'm really looking forward to is a Con that's almost an entire year away.

Being over here on this half of the world puts you into two categories for my current occupation. When were busy we are really busy, but when we have down time we have some serious down time. Usually most bide their time with hitting the gym, reading a book, or simply watching some movies but I tend to spend my free time here on the journal's and boards. Over this past year I've gotten pretty familiar with the CGC forums and while I enjoy reading about Tnerb's, Bagofleas, Surfer99's, and many others I have found my niche in the Signature Series room. Here one can check out different artist sketching and or signing op's, a host of jpeg comic madness, and gain ideas and inspiration on a bigger better commission. It's also here that I ran into another boardie and the facilitator of the Capital City Comic Con, Aaron Luevanos. In an off handed remark like Tnerb in his past few Journals I mentioned how I was really growing tired of the Pop Culture Conventions where they score a big name here, a big name there, and then load the place with Celebrities, Wrestlers, and now a few Rappers. I mentioned that I was really looking for a Baltimore or ECCC from what I read on here, where the focus was centered on artists and instead of an artist alley maybe have a Celebrity corner of shame.

Next thing I know I get a PM from him and I guess my eyes glistened like diamonds after I finished reading. He introduced himself and said that apparently "ask and ye shall receive" as he is now in the process of putting together the first of hopefully many "Capital City Comic Con" right down the road from my home in Austin, TX. At first read I was interested but then what really caught my attention was the current and building guest list of artists of which I had heard of but figured with their location in the Philippines and South America I stood little chance of ever getting something signed let alone a piece of art from. I've already built one hell of a request list of commissions to be gained and SS's to be had and he's only on the process of listing 30 names out of 250 total. As stated in the posting "Capital City is an Art centered show, with artists from all over the world, comic book dealers and original art. Cosplay will also be a main attraction. No Celebs!"

If you have a minute check out the events listing here and I hope to see some of you there so I can finally put some faces to the names.

Oh and because I always like to see a photo following a journal below is my latest grab which is currently off to CGC following this past week's Tampa Bay Comic Con penciled by Sajad Shah and inked by Adelso Corona courtesy of member GODOFTHUNDER. Thanks for the pick-up and drop off.

My name is Legion: for we are many

Enjoy

14217.jpg

See more journals by kaholo1256