• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who needs GPA when there's Overstreet?

25 posts in this topic

eBay prospect:

"I don't go buy the GPa my opinion those r bogus numbers I go buy the 2013 over street guide

:facepalm:

You should email him back and let him know that you don't bye that he goes bi something other than GPA and then say by buy.

Conversation with prospective eBay buyer today about an ASM #147 CGC 9.2. It's listed as a fixed price item at $79.95 with the Best Offer option:

eBay prospect:

"hi mike why is this a red label is there any thing wrong with it dont know to much about the red label also what is your best price thx"

Me:

"There's nothing wrong with the book. That's the old CGC label for Modern comics. They're now blue label. Make me an offer if you want to find out what I'll accept."

eBay prospect:

"this is only a 50.00 book thats about all im going to pay for it"

Me:

"GPA shows 2 sales this year of $55 and $72 respectively. So my starting price of $79.95 nor my minimum ($60.00) is way out of line."

eBay prospect:

"I don't go buy the GPa my opinion those r bogus numbers I go buy the 2013 over street guide and a 9.2 is 50.00 I guess I'm not buying it then thx anyway."

You got SERVED!

eBay prospect:

"I don't go buy the GPa my opinion those r bogus numbers I go buy the 2013 over street guide

You should email him back and let him know that you don't bye that he goes bi something other than GPA and then say by buy.

:roflmao:

You should've just told him he was looking at a CGC book, not a raw. Take that price of the raw 9.2 in the overstreet, add $30 to have it graded, and boom, sounds like a fair deal to me... (shrug)

He knew he was buying a CGC graded book. The listing came with something called a picture. :baiting:

And if you take his $50.00 from Overstreet and add that $30 grading fee you get $80.00. My starting asking price was $79.95 and I'm willing to take less than that for the book through the best offer process.