• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Predict future prices on movie related books

1 post in this topic

Just wanted to try this out. We are all aware that movies result in a spike in the price associated with the first appearances of the character. And we are all equally aware that there will be a dip afterwards as the movie bombs or prices stabilize.

Now that we've got some data in the bank based on Spider-Man, X-Men, etc., I would like to see how well you folks do in predicting both the peak and trough in price associated with such issues. I also want to know how much you would pay for these issues at THIS moment. When the issue hits it's peak, we can work out who has predicted the most profit, and therefore has most money to spend on goodies for themselves as the movies crash and burn!

The movies that I have in mind are the following:

1/ Hellblazer

2/ Elektra

3/ Fantastic Four

4/ Sin City

5/ Ghost Rider

The first four are movies that are being made and will appear in the next year or so, the last is one in which there is speculation that it will be. The issues that I want your feedback on are:

1/ Swamp Thing 37 in CGC 9.4, 9.6 and 9.8

2/ Daredevil 168 in CGC 9.4 and 9.6

3/ FF 1 in CGC 4.0, 6.0 and 8.0

FF 5 in CGC 4.0, 6.0 and 8.0

4/ Dark Horse 5th Anniversary Special. I don't think that this can be slabbed, but let's assume that it's NM.

5/ Marvel Spotlight 5 in CGC 9.2, 9.4 and 9.6

They may not be the best ones to pick - Sin City is debatable for example - but let's give it a try.