• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you pay more for this?

17 posts in this topic

5E3CD1EA-051B-462D-87B9-206CF80405CE-12236-000007CF6B900538_zps8a25e509.jpg

No. Not the Montana card. Even though it's sweet. Would you pay $5 more on every submission, if you got some kind of grader notes on the book?. Not necessarily numbers, but perhaps flaws? Beckett had the right idea on this, and it helped chip away at PSA's dominance in the industry.

No. Not the Montana card. Even though it's sweet. Would you pay $5 more on every submission, if you got some kind of grader notes on the book?. Not necessarily numbers, but perhaps flaws? Beckett had the right idea on this, and it helped chip away at PSA's dominance in the industry.

It takes 1/12 of the time to grade a card that it does a comic.

It takes 1/12 of the time to grade a card that it does a comic.

lol That's true. A 4 month waiting time would become 7.

No

No need, as your "eyes" can see if the books corners are a 9.0 or a 7.5

However, I feel a grader notes print out should be given (for FREE) with a paid submission ... IMO

THIS ...or rather than a print out the notes on the back of the slab in place of the blah blah blah they currently have there.

This is the reason why I don't trust Beckett any more for high end cards. I'll take PSA any day.

trimmed_bradycards.jpg

same card and on a re sub missed resto?

Pressed?

Maybe one smells like a musty old man and the other sells like fresh baked cinnamon rolls? Otherwise I have no idea what I am supposed to be looking at.

No

No need, as your "eyes" can see if the books corners are a 9.0 or a 7.5

However, I feel a grader notes print out should be given (for FREE) with a paid submission ... IMO

THIS ...or rather than a print out the notes on the back of the slab in place of the blah blah blah they currently have there.

That's what I meant, more or less. Not necessarily a number grading system, but a comic grading system or graders notes. It's unlikely they'd print out anything that gives away their super secret grading formula.

This is the reason why I don't trust Beckett any more for high end cards. I'll take PSA any day.

trimmed_bradycards.jpg

Pressed?

Pressing is to comics as Trimming is to cards.

I have heard people claim that some of the card grading companies are not detecting trimmed cards...

I have heard people claim that some of the card grading companies are not detecting trimmed cards...

If that's the case, the whole sport card grading industry is a complete joke (failure)

.. if it wasn't already :makepoint:

trimmed_bradycards.jpg

Pressed?

Yep. The very FIRST card they graded was trimmed.