• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool 1st Appearance ORIGINAL ART New Mutants #98 ?

10 posts in this topic

New Mutants #98 in a CGC 10 condition for which there's only 1 of currently sold for over $15,000 ( http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/mint-cgc-10-new-mutants-98-first-appearance-of-deadpool-sells-for-almost-16k-29806/ ), in an auction format (meaning there was an underbidder, so at least two people or more willing to pay that high price, not a situation with a greedy seller and on over zealous buyer throwing money at it)

Quite frankly, with the enormous print run of New Mutants #98, there could be a population explosion in the future (the same way the Incredible Hulk #181 CGC'ed 9.8's started to flood the market, nearly cutting the peak prices in half) as I'm sure most CGC is getting flooded with submissions right now, speculators figuring a 9.8 if even a fraction of what the CGC 10 commanded would be big dollars.

I was wondering if / how this impacts the ORIGINAL ART

I saw on Heritage:

New Mutants #98 Page #4 with Gideon (no Deadpool) sold for shy of only $400 back less than a year ago, Nov' 2012. It sounds like the artwork might be affordable if available.

I've not seen pages for sale other than that one.

What do pages with Deadpool on them sell for? Or rather, now given original art are true "1 of 1's" would a single page sell for higher than a CGC 10? (Personally, I'd rather have an original page from an issue over a high grade CGC 10 of that same comic book, for any title and issue, be it Action #1 or X-Men #94)

You figure there's under 30 pages of original art, each piece one of a kind, versus the tens of thousands of the comic book in varied condition.

Is the Cover for New Mutants #98 known to exist in a collection or retained by the artist?