• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does go-go stand for gorilla gorilla?

5 posts in this topic

18 months...

People who are into SA & GA DC books know that DC has a long standing fascination with gorillas. And that's ok; I like gorillas.

But, hen I was shuffling through the go-go check collection, my eye fell on these:

Star Spangled War Stories #126, April-May 1966, cover by Kubert, featuring Sgt. Gorilla on a beautiful red background

Tomahawk #107, November-December 1966, cover by Bob Brown, featuring Gorilla Ranger on a beautiful red background

Wonder Woman #170, May 1967, cover by Andru & Esposito, featuring a space gorilla on a beautiful dark-green background

And

Strange Adventures # 201, June 1967, cover by Infantino & George Roussos, featuring the Mod Gorilla Boss on a beautiful green background.

I think I have to get a four panel display to show there all off together.

I seriously need to find more go-go check gorilla examples too.

Happy hunting!

Lee

14233.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

3D - I'm approaching 140 go-go checks slabbed, with one on the way from comiclink, and three on economy service at CGC.

Of course, there's 500+ go-go checks in a completed set.

At the rate the new sets are being added, it'll be eight months before I have a set dedicated to them. Probably too late for 2014 awards.

Lee