• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New USPS Shipping Policy?!?! (Flat Mailers/Delivery Confirmation)

8 posts in this topic

So I go to the post office today and find out that they have a new (UNANNOUNCED) policy of NOT allowing delivery confirmations on flat packages that are less that 1/3 of an inch thick unless they are in a box.

This is going to make tracking individual comic book shipments within the US either more expensive to ship, or untrackable depending on how I decide to proceed.

The USPS hasn't even put out a press release about this and I can't find any mention of it on their website.

Now WHY the USPS would do this is obvious, they're trying to keep their shipping times to a bare minimum, but it appears that this affects both 1st class mailers and media mail (but not priority shipments). BUT I personally would rather be able to track the packages I send so I don't get ripped off by shady buyers than have my packages get to their destination quicker.

I am so angry right now. sign-rantpost.gifmad.gif

I can tell you that the policy was never over-looked here at my Post Office. It has always been this way.

But heck, a properly packaged comic is going to qualify every time. You do put boards on both sides of the comic, don't you?

So I go to the post office today and find out that they have a new (UNANNOUNCED) policy of NOT allowing delivery confirmations on flat packages that are less that 1/3 of an inch thick unless they are in a box.

This is going to make tracking individual comic book shipments within the US either more expensive to ship, or untrackable depending on how I decide to proceed.

The USPS hasn't even put out a press release about this and I can't find any mention of it on their website.

Now WHY the USPS would do this is obvious, they're trying to keep their shipping times to a bare minimum, but it appears that this affects both 1st class mailers and media mail (but not priority shipments). BUT I personally would rather be able to track the packages I send so I don't get ripped off by shady buyers than have my packages get to their destination quicker.

I am so angry right now. sign-rantpost.gifmad.gif

This is not a change, it has always been this way. Ship using the FLAT RATE ENVELOPE and there isn't a problem.