• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

48 posts in this topic

You should take his last name out of the post above

+1

And are we going to let this die? You saw my WTB thread, you bought a copy for $550, that same day you offered it to me "for a loss" out of altruistic tendencies to "help a fellow Boardie out". You originally offered it at the "Boardie price" of $795 to help me out. When I realized you JUST bought the book for $550 after seeing the scan and knowing that book was for sale for $550 and called you out on it, you laughed. Then you said I should just buy it off you as it was an "impulse buy" and you kinda just wanted a copy - :gossip: that you were trying to sell the same day. So I offered $550 and you said I had to pay the NY taxes you just paid for a total of $595. I called you a con artist and said you should be ashamed for trying to rip off another Boardie. I figured most concerned Boardies would just :baiting: in the direction of the book. Not buy it and try to flip immediately for a substantial profit. After some time and yes, plenty of :bump: to my thread, I PMed you and offered the previous offer of $595. You told me it was now $610 since I had to pay for shipping. I said fine and offered to pay with Paypal. You said no, check. I said I didn't trust you at all. I offered to pay half Paypal up front, other half personal pay once the book was received like I did with quadman78 for my DD #1. We talked about my new born daughter and what not. You said I probably hate your guts and :blahblah: and were probably very similar and could be friends. Then the next morning, you write me saying you're going to end the eBay auction and keep the book. It's not the money, it's just you decided you like the book. I said "no problem" because truth be told, I didn't want to encourage you ripping off Boardies. It wasn't the money - I bought an ASM 129 the next day! :grin: I just thought I was being polite by saying "no problem".

Please delete my last name from this thread. Even though as you stated "no wonder you couldn't get any money out of me bc I'm Chinese" when I awkwardly responded that I was English and Portuguese. :blush:

+1

And are we going to let this die? You saw my WTB thread, you bought a copy for $550, that same day you offered it to me "for a loss" out of altruistic tendencies to "help a fellow Boardie out". You originally offered it at the "Boardie price" of $795 to help me out. When I realized you JUST bought the book for $550 after seeing the scan and knowing that book was for sale for $550 and called you out on it, you laughed. Then you said I should just buy it off you as it was an "impulse buy" and you kinda just wanted a copy - :gossip: that you were trying to sell the same day. So I offered $550 and you said I had to pay the NY taxes you just paid for a total of $595. I called you a con artist and said you should be ashamed for trying to rip off another Boardie. I figured most concerned Boardies would just :baiting: in the direction of the book. Not buy it and try to flip immediately for a substantial profit. After some time and yes, plenty of :bump: to my thread, I PMed you and offered the previous offer of $595. You told me it was now $610 since I had to pay for shipping. I said fine and offered to pay with Paypal. You said no, check. I said I didn't trust you at all. I offered to pay half Paypal up front, other half personal pay once the book was received like I did with quadman78 for my DD #1. We talked about my new born daughter and what not. You said I probably hate your guts and :blahblah: and were probably very similar and could be friends. Then the next morning, you write me saying you're going to end the eBay auction and keep the book. It's not the money, it's just you decided you like the book. I said "no problem" because truth be told, I didn't want to encourage you ripping off Boardies. It wasn't the money - I bought an ASM 129 the next day! :grin: I just thought I was being polite by saying "no problem".

Please delete my last name from this thread. Even though as you stated "no wonder you couldn't get any money out of me bc I'm Chinese" when I awkwardly responded that I was English and Portuguese. :blush:

Wow...

Fellow boardies/sellers should know what they have to deal with when HarveySwick doesn't get the books he wants.

I still don't see what I did wrong here. My selling you a book for profit is unethical? Every dealer here must be a crook then. Or was it unethical that I bought a book youve been coveting rabidly and then offered you a price you didn't want to pay? We should all just sell you the books you want, for the prices you want to pay lest we all be considered criminal in your eyes. :screwy: Btw, the price I offered--whatever it was--was cheaper than the last sale of $870. It's a hot book that a lot of people, including me, want.

I'm happy to drop this, but you don't come into my sales thread, all over it and not expect a jab in the nose. Also, dont pull the "the boards are a community" card like you're somehow holier and more altruistic and then try to drag my name through the mud. You're a hypocrite of the highest order.

+1

FYI, this doesn't make you look great m'man.

I still don't see what I did wrong here. My selling you a book for profit is unethical? Every dealer here must be a crook then. Or was it unethical that I bought a book youve been coveting rabidly and then offered you a price you didn't want to pay? We should all just sell you the books you want, for the prices you want to pay lest we all be considered criminal in your eyes. :screwy: Btw, the price I offered--whatever it was--was cheaper than the last sale of $870. It's a hot book that a lot of people, including me, want.

I'm happy to drop this, but you don't come into my sales thread, all over it and not expect a jab in the nose. Also, dont pull the "the boards are a community" card like you're somehow holier and more altruistic and then try to drag my name through the mud. You're a hypocrite of the highest order.

Saying you're selling it for a loss when you're making a ~$250 profit after a few hours isn't ethically stellar.