• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War Comics a-go-go! Gold, Silver and Bronze. Bang! Bang!

243 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Another war sale, so hold onto your wallets...

I know I said in another thread that I'd be doing an Our Fighting Forces thread, but I've put that off for a while in order to do this more general war thread. Some really great stuff coming, ranging from the Golden Age, all the way up to the bronze age, in a wide variety of grades. Some lower grade material to be sure, but also some hard to find books in nice grades, even a few CGC books later on. Something for everyone.

This one will be a little scattered, chronology and title-wise. So keep coming back and see what's new! All sales are guaranteed - money back if you're not completely satisfied. Shipping will be $10 for the first 1-2 books, $15 for 3-5 books, and I'll quote after that for larger orders (international beyond the US and Canada may be more). All books come with in a 4mil mylar, and I pack them well.

First up - boom! A little Golden Age War fun...

The American Air Forces #4 FN/VF Slight oxidization on staples. Offwhite pages. Golden Age war goodness. $25.00 SOLD!

OFF611_zps9ee1f9d1.jpeg

Battle Action #15 VG+ Easily FN/VF but there’s an unfortunate tape pull on front cover, and some writing in pencil on the ‘A’ in Battle Action. Still, a killer Heath cover and white/offwhite pages. A steal at $7.00 SOLD!

OFF612_zps05b75cdc.jpeg

Two Fisted Tales #18 VG (First Issue) Kurtzman cover. This is where it all began! The first EC war book, and a classic in every way. Cream to offwhite pages. Surface soiling on back cover. Writing in ink and pencil on front cover. $40.00 SOLD!

TwoFistedTales18_zps4a27dc6c.jpeg

Two Fisted Tales #25 FN Kurtzman cover. This is what I’m talking about – ‘Buzz Bomb’ by Severin and Elder, art by Davis and Wood, and best of all ‘Corpse on the Imjin’, which Kurtzamn called his favorite story. Offwhite pages. $45.00 SOLD!

TwoFistedTales25_zps86ce7ee2.jpeg

Two Fisted Tales #26 VG+/FN Classic cover/issue. Kurtzman cover with Wood, Severin, Davis and Severin/Elder art. Light numerical writing in pencil on back cover, and some light ‘Marvel chipping’ along back cover edge. Light cream to offwhite pages. $27.00 SOLD!

TwoFistedTales26_zpsb097804e.jpeg

Two Fisted Tales #34 FN+ This is just a great book, and one of the classics in the run. Great art by Jack Davis, Wally Wood, John Severin and a brilliant WW1 aviation tale by George Evans. Can’t get much better than that. Small chip out of back cover. Offwhite pages. $45.00 SOLD!

TwoFistedTales34_zps01948c17.jpeg

Battle Action #15 VG+ Easily FN/VF but there’s an unfortunate tape pull on front cover, and some writing in pencil on the ‘A’ in Battle Action. Still, a killer Heath cover and white/offwhite pages. A steal at $7.00

OFF612_zps05b75cdc.jpeg

:takeit:

Two Fisted Tales #34 FN+ This is just a great book, and one of the classics in the run. Great art by Jack Davis, Wally Wood, John Severin and a brilliant WW1 aviation tale by George Evans. Can’t get much better than that. Small chip out of back cover. Offwhite pages. $45.00

TwoFistedTales34_zps01948c17.jpeg

Dynamite Joe #38 VF/NM This was sold to me as a Harvey File copy, but I have no verification. What a cool and weird book – but it does have two pretty nice Wally Wood art jobs in it. Book looks dead on mint, but it has a dust shadow and some light surface soiling on the back cover. Offwhite pages. $15.00 SOLD!

harvey_zpsf00e241b.jpeg

Dynamite Joe #38 VF/NM This was sold to me as a Harvey File copy, but I have no verification. What a cool and weird book – but it does have two pretty nice Wally Wood art jobs in it. Book looks dead on mint, but it has a dust shadow and some light surface soiling on the back cover. Offwhite pages. $15.00

harvey_zpsf00e241b.jpeg