• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

It's been fun but it also shows the level of greed in everyone. So sad to see that there are people with no decency. I understand buying a few extra to make a buck. 'Just the shops that jacked up prices and the people that bought up the entire supply was sad to see. took away from the fun of it in my opinion.

It's been fun but it also shows the level of greed in everyone. So sad to see that there are people with no decency. I understand buying a few extra to make a buck. 'Just the shops that jacked up prices and the people that bought up the entire supply was sad to see. took away from the fun of it in my opinion.

If you didn't have buyers buying at cover or less then flipping for 10-20x what they paid, you may not have as many shops charging over cover price for new books. hm

Everyone complains about shops that charge over cover price, but then a lot of the complainers are the people flipping the books. :insane:

If you didn't have buyers buying at cover or less then flipping for 10-20x what they paid, you may not have as many shops charging over cover price for new books. hm

Everyone complains about shops that charge over cover price, but then a lot of the complainers are the people flipping the books. :insane:

I guess so and thats what took away from the fun of it. Some shops still didnt raise the prices though, those are the ones I respect and that earned my continued business.

We all knew this was going to happen though.

Its supply and demand it brings everyone out. I still say overall the 1st weeks book will be the ones that will bring the stronger demand out of all the normal books just because it caught a ton of people off guard.

Other books will sell better like Harley and Jokers Daughter, but that first week will keep people looking for copies for awhile to make sets or get their favorite characters.

I opened up a subscription list with a local shop this week. He said he's had a lot of guys switch out the 3D covers for the standard covers- retailers are not calling the $2.99 covers variants because they are just substitutes for the 3D cover orders that DC could not fill. If a retailer ordered 100 Detective Comics 23.4 they may get 20 3D covers + 80 standard covers to fill their order because of the allocation problem.

The retailer I opened up a sub list with says he has been getting routinely 90% of what he ordered. He heard about the Joker's daughter high buy-it-now auctions but he said he would sell the 3D cover for cover price to people who subscribe but not to non-subscribers.

Of thelocal shops, two had some for the shelf and charged $8-$12 each, one had a lot for the shelf and charged cover, one had very little for the shelf and charged cover, and the other had none for the shelf. The last one surprised me because it is arguably the largest shop in the area. It also the most savvy so may have just sold the extras online.

Just got back from my LCS they said there only getting 15 3d covers for the jokers daughter, but 64 3d covers for bane, doesn't that seem like an awfully large gap to you guys?

Not really, it all came down to how much of each particular title the shop was ordering over the three month span that DC used to determine how many copies each shop would get.