• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Guesses on where it ends?

I think it'll hit between $110-$150. Anyone would like to get the set with the average price being close to cover price per comic without paying double cover for them. Even with the Lobo cover missing. 2c

How can you say complete, yet there is no Lobo? I don't like these partial sets on Ebay, because some don't list the missing books.

Nowhere is the title or listing does he say it is complete. (shrug)

At least he shows a picture showing what books a person would be buying.

To someone that isnt in the know, his title says 25 book "set". To me a set isnt missing anything. He goes on to say ALL. Evasive to say the least

He said "All 3-D". You know, to let everyone know that every cover was 3-D, and none of them were the 2-D covers. :facepalm:

And how many times do e-bay sellers say "set" even when books are missing? hm

Evasive indeed. meh

You'll also get burned selling stuff you don't have in hand yet, and your order ends up being allocated to ebay.

I would not sell any of these until I had them in hand. I saw someone on ebay selling the Joker's Daughter in sets of 10 for around $167. They sold at least 30 comics that way and I would be worried what it could cost in potential negative feedback. I hope they get them all

And so it begins....

Neg'ed for non delivery of a

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.2 HARLEY QUINN 3D VARIANT COVER **PREORDER**

ML.

Were you the one doing the Neg'ing or getting Neg'd?

'm the one that ordered two BATMAN The DARK KNIGHT #23.4 JOKER"S DAUGHTER #1 3D for $19.99.each from the seller.

Not going to hold my breath.

ML.

Well, I'm confused on how anyone has a 3-D cover graded yet, unless it was a walk-in, which seems kind of silly. At Baltimore two weeks ago, I was told Modern fast-track is about 1 month right now. That was three days into Week 1 of these covers.

I hope I don't get I trouble for telling you this, but.....

If you include a $20 tip with your sub, it cuts the time in half :gossip:

:whistle:

This is a joke, right?

Well, I'm confused on how anyone has a 3-D cover graded yet, unless it was a walk-in, which seems kind of silly. At Baltimore two weeks ago, I was told Modern fast-track is about 1 month right now. That was three days into Week 1 of these covers.

This is a joke, right?

The first secret of super-fast grading club is that you don't talk about super-fast grading club.

If the seller is a retailer, he/she could have had the comics as soon as Tuesday before release, 9/3. If overnighted to CGC, they would have had it 9/4. If fast tracked, 10 business days to process, which would place it at 9/17. If overnighted back to the seller, arrives 9/18. Item was listed 9/20, so plenty of time there.

If the seller is a retailer, he/she could have had the comics as soon as Tuesday before release, 9/3. If overnighted to CGC, they would have had it 9/4. If fast tracked, 10 business days to process, which would place it at 9/17. If overnighted back to the seller, arrives 9/18. Item was listed 9/20, so plenty of time there.

The only problem is, modern fast tracks are running at more than 10 business days. In some cases, it's taking 10 business days just in encapsulation. :tonofbricks:

This is a joke, right?

The first secret of super-fast grading club is that you don't talk about super-fast grading club.

Well, if you can grease the wheels to get a quicker turn around time, then it's not too far of a leap to pay for the grade that you want. Paying for a quicker turn around time (at least, outside of the predetermined prices that CGC advertises) damages the integrity of the whole system and weakens CGC's status of third-party.

I have a source that says fast track modern is not currently at 10 business days its more like a month however pgx might have faster times.

Of course PGX has faster times, nobody is submitting to them. :insane:

Daniel goes to the comic store, grades everything at a 10.0, slabs in his mom's garage, posts the books for sale that night.

Now that's a quick turn-around time. :flamed:

This is a joke, right?

Well, if you can grease the wheels to get a quicker turn around time, then it's not too far of a leap to pay for the grade that you want. Paying for quicker turn around time (at least, outside of the predetermined prices that CGC advertises) damages integrity of the whole system and weakens CGC's status of third-party.

It's not about "greasing the wheels" to get a quicker turn around time, these sellers are simply using the walk-thru or express tiers. :eek:

I have a source that says fast track modern is not currently at 10 business days its more like a month however pgx might have faster times.

Of course PGX has faster times, nobody is submitting to them. :insane:

Daniel goes to the comic store, grades everything at a 10.0, slabs in his mom's garage, posts the books for sale that night.

Now that's a quick turn-around time. :flamed:

lol

I sent about 50 books to CGC on 7/30 with a 9.8 prescreen via Modern Fast Track. They were done by 8/15 which is 12 business days.

I sent about 50 books to CGC on 7/30 with a 9.8 prescreen via Modern Fast Track. They were done by 8/15 which is 12 business days.

That's impressive,

1) 50 books !!!

2) that's a quick turn around. Usually I submitt my 5-10 books and they are almost returned home in a bout a month