• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identity Crisis #4 WITH Centerfold

34 posts in this topic

Full Disclosure:

this is not my copy. My copy wouldn't hit a 9.4 and is sitting here in my apt. I just thought that some of you guys might be interested as these are an uber rare variant and there are no immediate plans to put the #4 SS copies up,

DAM

Out of curiosity, how hard would it be to take a Sky Capitain poster out of another book, open the staples on an Identity Crisis 4 and insert? It is in the centerfold so there wouldn't be any page removal. Is there any other detail that distinguishes this book from another besides the poster insert? BTW: I'm not suggesting to do this, just wondering how easy this would be to fake. Buyer beware!

Out of curiosity, how hard would it be to take a Sky Capitain poster out of another book, open the staples on an Identity Crisis 4 and insert? It is in the centerfold so there wouldn't be any page removal. Is there any other detail that distinguishes this book from another besides the poster insert? BTW: I'm not suggesting to do this, just wondering how easy this would be to fake. Buyer beware!

That's why you have to check the grading date - this was graded on 9/11 when the release date was 9/15.

How easy would it be? I don't know . . . I do know that CGC is aware of the issue so maybe that's something that Paul can help out on? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DAM

Here's one of 2 blue label Identity Crisis #4 issues (don't expect to see the 4 sig series anytime soon):

ebay auction

Paul Litch comments on the variant

And it's off to the races!

hi.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

takeit.gif

I'm going to ask everybody very nicely not to get into a bidding war with me on this book - I have backed off on a lot of things lately but really want this.

Here's one of 2 blue label Identity Crisis #4 issues (don't expect to see the 4 sig series anytime soon):

ebay auction

Paul Litch comments on the variant

And it's off to the races!

hi.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

takeit.gif

I'm going to ask everybody very nicely not to get into a bidding war with me on this book - I have backed off on a lot of things lately but really want this.

Then you better ask that smithie dude who's shilling you up to LAY OFF!

good luck on it, already pretty hefty price tag on it $250!

ooops, I see that you laid the smack down on him, not him nibbling at you. Doesn't mean he isn't laying in the weeds waiting to start picking at your bid later on though. horse head time!

I'm gonna lay of this one. The most that I was going to pay was about $200.00. I think the stupid money train will come soon enough. Plus I'm looking at some other bigger purchases/investments.

Mr. Woo - I can assure you that Smithie is not a shill - he seemed to just be wanting to break the reserve.

I'm sure he's a legit bidder, 'shilling you up' was just an expression is all, and he wasn't even doing that since he did all the bidding first.

That's why you have to check the grading date - this was graded on 9/11 when the release date was 9/15.

How easy would it be? I don't know . . . I do know that CGC is aware of the issue so maybe that's something that Paul can help out on? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DAM

Does that mean that all other copies (if anymore surface) will be rejected because they were submitted AFTER 9/15? confused-smiley-013.gif

DAM

Does that mean that all other copies (if anymore surface) will be rejected because they were submitted AFTER 9/15? confused-smiley-013.gif

...Yes,...CGC now has an expiration date on all it's Modern Variants,....they must be slabbed fresh,...within 7 days of publcation,...to ensure quality, freshness and legitamacy,...after that date they must be burned in a giant bon-fire at mid-night when the moon is full,.....

Mr. Woo - I can assure you that Smithie is not a shill - he seemed to just be wanting to break the reserve.

I'm sure he's a legit bidder, 'shilling you up' was just an expression is all, and he wasn't even doing that since he did all the bidding first.

flowerred.gif

DAM

To try and validate these issues right now Bair is putting together a master list of all the copies - the entire creative team got the copies and the editors.

DAM

To try and validate these issues right now Bair is putting together a master list of all the copies - the entire creative team got the copies and the editors.

It would be impossible to put a master list together. These centerfolds were ripped out by hand (my copy has remnants of the centerfold remaining under the staples). I would assume that out of 150k+ copies, some of the centerfolds must have been missed. To pay stupid money now, is just stupid. At least give it some time to see how many copies surface.