• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got a new question at the post office this morning...

44 posts in this topic

I haven't received the crush question, since I drop my packages off at my apartment's front desk for the mailman to pick up. With that said, I write "Do Not Crush" all over my packages and know it doesn't do any good. A package I sent to Toast a few months back was crushed as if they thought one side was a trampoline.

I figured this would happen, so I started using the padded envelope and extra packaging inside the box a while ago. So far the invitation to crush my boxes hasn't resulted in any damaged slabs.

A few months ago I had a nightmare of a time with Fed Ex where they 'did not currently know the exact location of my parcel' that was worth a considerable amount, but they knew "it was somewhere out on Long Island."

All shipping agencies have had their hiccups.

All shipping agencies have had their hiccups.

Yes they do. No one service is perfect. I've been extremely pleased with Fed Ex's level of communication and precision.

The only complaint I have about Fed Ex is that their boxes have the corrugated strips run horizontally across the box rather than lengthwise, causing the box to accordion if it gets crunched. I just package well. Other than that, it's generally problem free and cost efficient.