• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auctions Scam Linguini

145 posts in this topic

People keep throwing the name Manning around not realizing that to many of us the only Mannings that matter are Peyton and Eli...

Man, Peyton was on fire last night. He's my opponent's QB in this weeks Fantasy Football Match up. I can only hope Rodgers is up to the task Sunday....

I can't hear you :whistle:

People keep throwing the name Manning around not realizing that to many of us the only Mannings that matter are Peyton and Eli...

What about Bradl...err Chelsea Manning?

Pshaw! We all know Danny Manning is the best Manning.

IBTL

It's a belated Friday thread.

I can feel the angst rising, now all we need is a spark......

On a related note I see that there are another 3 pages of Tadano Corp books that are being auctioned off including a few that I was in a bidding war with but lost because the final prices where beyond ridiculous. I wonder how many books I won last year that were actually bid up because of that guy who made all those bids with Tadano's money?

From what I understand, if you were in a bidding war with him, you always lost. You only won a book if he wasn't bidding on it.

It seems like the only final bidders were the fraud guy and Heritage as the under-bidder. :sick:

On a related note I see that there are another 3 pages of Tadano Corp books that are being auctioned off including a few that I was in a bidding war with but lost because the final prices where beyond ridiculous. I wonder how many books I won last year that were actually bid up because of that guy who made all those bids with Tadano's money?

From what I understand, if you were in a bidding war with him, you always lost. You only won a book if he wasn't bidding on it.

It seems like the only final bidders were the fraud guy and Heritage as the under-bidder. :sick:

Nah. I know the guy who was the underbidder on a lot of them. He posts on the boards occasionally.

lol I think all of the Heritage horses are dead.

If you think that a company that has sold over $800,000,000 worth of collectibles at more than a 20% take to their own coffers gives a rat's arse about a single comic book, you are nuttier than than squirrel poop. We are talking about guys who take home tens of millions a year in profit supposedly doing something illegal on a $223.35 comic?

It's just narcissism. You aren't that important.

^^

you're telling me that Jimmy Linguini blues thread got poofed?!?!

I commented on his Youtube video in regards to his musicianship

wasnt that like the third time he's made a video about the same thing?

I don't know, he is no mkdevo or HarpuaFSB...

Well, everyone who collects comics should be aware of the name Greg Manning. The Greg Manning auctions a) were probably rigged, b) yielded fabulously high selling prices in 2000-2001 - the early days of the CGC - that wouldn't even be replicated today on some books, and c) were one of the first venues that cemented the idea the slabbed books could yield much higher prices than raw books, which helped determine whether he CGC would wither or flourish.

Think about it: The CGC succeeded in no small part due to the prices realized on slabbed books in (one suspects) rigged auctions during the early days of the company.

What kind of odds would anyone give on whether the people calling the shots behind the scenes at Greg Manning and the people who bank-rolled the CGC were one and the same?

Well, everyone who collects comics should be aware of the name Greg Manning. The Greg Manning auctions a) were probably rigged, b) yielded fabulously high selling prices in 2000-2001 - the early days of the CGC - that wouldn't even be replicated today on some books, and c) were one of the first venues that cemented the idea the slabbed books could yield much higher prices than raw books, which helped determine whether he CGC would wither or flourish.

Think about it: The CGC succeeded in no small part due to the prices realized on slabbed books in (one suspects) rigged auctions during the early days of the company.

What kind of odds would anyone give on whether the people calling the shots behind the scenes at Greg Manning and the people who bank-rolled the CGC were one and the same?

Nothing good will come from this allegation and is actually quite an inflammatory accusation.