• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"thread closed," thanks for all the help

24 posts in this topic

I will be subbing a few books to CGC, and soon, but not right now. I would like to enlist some help in figuring out what would be the best tiers to submit these books in, whether or not they all could and even should be subbed on the same tier (so I don't get hit with double return shipping fees) and so forth. Anyone willing to help (it is less than 10 books) please say so here, and I will choose someone, if more than one person replies, when the time gets closer.

Thanks for looking!

-slym

I'm going to be putting in at least one Modern and an Economy or Value sub soon (whatever I decide it will be fast-tracked) that you're welcome to piggy-back on.

FWIW, as long as it's under 30 total books you can have different submission tiers returned in the same shipment for a single fee.

I'm going to be putting in at least one Modern and an Economy or Value sub soon (whatever I decide it will be fast-tracked) that you're welcome to piggy-back on.

That is a very kind offer. However, I am in NC with you being in CA. I think you see the problem there. Thanks for the very kind offer though, that is really nice!!!

FWIW, as long as it's under 30 total books you can have different submission tiers returned in the same shipment for a single fee.

That... I did not know! Thanks so much for the info!

I guess I need to re-read the CGC web pages again, it has been a while since I actually went to their business site.

:applause:

-slym

Give them a call first and let them quote you the price when you have your sub forms ready, but I've done this several times over the years with no problems.

What they've had me do in the past is write the combined shipping cost they quote by hand on one submission form, and on the other form write "return with submission form #XXXXX" or something to that effect by hand on the line that would calculate postage at the bottom.

Give them a call first and let them quote you the price when you have your sub forms ready, but I've done this several times over the years with no problems.

What they've had me do in the past is write the combined shipping cost they quote by hand on one submission form, and on the other form write "return with submission form #XXXXX" or something to that effect by hand on the line that would calculate postage at the bottom.

You're the man Dave. Was never sure how to combine the shipping, and was always too lazy to ask.

I need to get a FedEx account as well. Heard that's much better.

FWIW, the books are all Uncanny X-Men, most between 94 & 142, with the sole exception being 266. I am not sure of the tiering due to differing age & value to these books.

-slym

For starters modern is considered 1980 and afterwards.

I think X-Men 128 is December 1979 so 94 would not be in the same tier as the other two books. Also, depending on the grade, the 94 might otherwise be in a different tier based upon its value alone.

You're the man Dave. Was never sure how to combine the shipping, and was always too lazy to ask.

I need to get a FedEx account as well. Heard that's much better.

:hi: George

Laziness is one of my most prevalent qualities, superseded in this case however by my being a cheap sum gun. :grin:

FWIW, the books are all Uncanny X-Men, most between 94 & 142, with the sole exception being 266. I am not sure of the tiering due to differing age & value to these books.

For starters modern is considered 1980 and afterwards.

I think X-Men 128 is December 1979 so 94 would not be in the same tier as the other two books. Also, depending on the grade, the 94 might otherwise be in a different tier based upon its value alone.

See, this is what I am wondering about. Thanks for the info!

-slym