• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High grade Marvel, Archie, Kamen, Baker, Corben - THREAD CLOSED

48 posts in this topic

I'll be listing some great books on behalf of a friend. They will include a very high grade Spiderman, Archie titles, some awesome Baker and Kamen GGA covers, and a couple of classic Rich Corben issues.

:takeit: wins over pm's.

Shipping will be $9 within the United States

2% discount for payments that do not require fees.

No probies or trolls allowed!

Amazing Spider-Man #15 CGC 9.6 COW - $8500 $7750

**One of the toughest early keys in above NM, this gorgeous, centered book is 1 of only 5 to grade at 9.6! This is the first appearance of Kraven the Hunter and it's only a matter of time before he his featured in a Spidey feature film. I'm pricing this book to sell at $8500 - the last sale sold just a few months ago for $9500 - save $1000!

asm1596_zps5c4bad9c.jpg

Blue Beetle #54 CGC 8.0 - $5700 $5100

**This is my all-time favorite GGA cover and I don't think I'm alone in this. This Classic Jack Kamen cover was featured in SOTI and the grade is very difficult to find. It's an excellent example that has not been pressed and I've been thinking of doing it myself because I think it has a shot at a higher grade. The price is at my cost.

bluebeetle54cgc80.jpg

Blue Ribbon Comics #7 CGC 3.5 COW - $350 $275

** Tough, early MLJ with a great Horror/Super Hero cover. Looks great for the grade. This book also features the first Fox appearance, which is especially important to me because he was an athlete at Penn State (and so was I). Seriously, he actually says it in the comic.

blueribbon7-1.jpg

Suzie 51 CGC 6.5 COW - $500 $450

**Certainly the most popular issue from the Suzie run. I have a decent raw copy, so I'm willing to let this go. Very difficult to find in nice shape. I traded an Archie #50 4.5 and an Astonishing #4 CGC 5.5 for this book. I pretty much got the raw end of that deal in hindsight, not a great trade at all, for me anyways. I looked for a very long time for a copy this nice so I still think its a bargain at $500.

suzie51.jpg

Fantagor #3 CGC 9.6 W - $145

**Another great Corben cover - tough in grade (1972). When you think about how old these books are and the way they were sold and read. It's amazing that any of them lasted in this condition. Underground collectors don't seem to appreciate the truly high grade copies as much as you'd think and the price difference between mid and high grade isn't much. I don't see that lasting forever.

fant3.jpg

Crime Reporter #2 CGC 9.2 OW - $2900

**This example is a freak. Single Best by a lot. I believe this book to be a slam dunk upgrade. With a SOTI appearance in a NM range grade, this is a rare combination.

crimereporter2cgc92ow.jpg

:o