• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW!!! OMG!!! Gotta Catch'em All! Really??

31 posts in this topic

Cool read. Crazy that the guy didn't accept the 47,000 dollar offer.

Almost as crazy as him having another one. Also graded a 9.

I know right! But he never sells unless he has a double so he must have one hell of a collection.

What really confuses me is that the actual card itself has NO IN GAME EFFECT. So for being the most valuable Pokemon CGC card it actually does nothing when played with in a game, unlike other CGCs whose most valuable cards are coveted because they are both scarce AND powerful in game (Such as Magic the Gatherings Black Lotus or Mox cards)

I do not know much about or collect these cards but I do know there were only 6 of these made, for winners of a contest.

Not a 100K to me, but with someone offering close to 50K that says something.

Crazy price but I guess if that is the grail of Pokemon cards.. . Why are people saying this is stupid? We collect comics which are equally as nerdy. lol

Exactly! I wanted to be outraged and incredulous about the card, but then, we are here paying big dollars for "High grade" comics. I mean, really its just the same. Everyone is a geek. We all geek on something. Sports, comics, cards, whatever. Though I wouldn't pay for that ( I was way too old for Pokemon, though I do like the Digimon series. The original first three seasons), But I bet if someone put up Action Comics #1 or Detective Comics #27 it would a different tune to this thread. lol.