• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

another cool Duck cover

6 posts in this topic

Sure, I'm a fan but I am VERY disappointed with the Gemstone books. I was very excited when they started publishing the Disney books, but now I don't even have one title on my regular pull list. They just keep publishing so much JUNK. Tons of uninspired foreign reprints where you can just see the hand of the lame editors saying things like, "Hey, lets put Scrooge in a office but he can't figure out the internet", or "Lets do a story about downloading MP3s"... The Rosa stuff is now the only Gemstone stuff I will buy. At 7 bucks a pop they could at least print the GOOD stuff.

Man, I long for the day when Gladstone had books under a buck that usually had Barks, Gottfredson, Rosa, etc. Sure they would slip in a junky foreign stuff every once in awhile, but that is now 90% of what Gemstone is publishing.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

I am a disney fan, although I am really only interested in the Barks Duck stuff. I would absolutely love to get my hands on a complete Carl Barks Library set by Another Rainbow, but they are way out of my price range right now. I have been buying some of the Gladstone albums, which are a lot cheaper. I have a very vivid memory of being in a small comic shop in Yorktown Mall by my house with my grandma, and her buying me the second volume....I must have been 11 or 12. I guess I had decent taste in comics even back then.