• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT? October Avatar Contest?

291 posts in this topic

OK - a moment of silence...............

hahahahaaaaa - suckers! You paused a monent for silence!

::thwap:: boo.gif

Err - sorry - but you know? The October Avatar Contest should not be about going out on the net and gleanig images. It should be about what you have in your collection you can make an avatar from!

Why do I say this? Because that is what I do. I scan my books and crop and edit and make an avatar personal to my collection. It just so happens I specialize in pre-code and BA horror so I am rich with possibilities.

You mean that's not a capture from your web cam? smirk.gif

Err - sorry - but you know? The October Avatar Contest should not be about going out on the net and gleaning images. It should be about what you have in your collection you can make an avatar from!

Why do I say this? Because that is what I do. I scan my books and crop and edit and make an avatar personal to my collection. It just so happens I specialize in pre-code and BA horror so I am rich with possibilities.

Demon thumbsup2.gif

Err - sorry - but you know? The October Avatar Contest should not be about going out on the net and gleanig images. It should be about what you have in your collection you can make an avatar from!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes ! Yes ! Excellent ! Oh, you are evil!

POV Rules! New rule: Take your best comic and make an Avatar, a truely evil avatar! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

"Two Men Enter, One Man Leaves!"

Err - sorry - but you know? The October Avatar Contest should not be about going out on the net and gleaning images. It should be about what you have in your collection you can make an avatar from!

Demon thumbsup2.gif

Sweet! But seriously - how be the stories? While I am on a DC and CHarlton BA kick, I DID have many a horror mag from the BA and will be collecting them again. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

POV Rules! New rule: Take your best comic and make an Avatar, a truely evil avatar! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Been there, done that. Now what? How much eviler could you get than the devil?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jeepers! An all-lowercase "the devil"???? Sounds more like a minion! 27_laughing.gif

Logging soon to watch Lugosi's DRACULA on DVD - must get into the spirit! smile.gif

Demon thumbsup2.gif

Sweet! But seriously - how be the stories? While I am on a DC and Charlton BA kick, I DID have many a horror mag from the BA and will be collecting them again. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Derivative. But Gabriel the Devil Hunter is an interesting character. That's why I bought it. Plus the cool Earl Norem cover.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jeepers! An all-lowercase "the devil"???? Sounds more like a minion! 27_laughing.gif

Logging soon to watch Lugosi's DRACULA on DVD - must get into the spirit! smile.gif

Maybe it's "a devil", not THE Devil. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Afterall, how many devils can you hunt if there is only one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Plus the cool Earl Norem cover.

Yes, that cover is definitely cool! Not as blatant as some of the BA Horror Mag genre but I like that. I prefer the imagination over the in-your-face concept. thumbsup2.gif

Tele-Tubbies!

Now that's evil makepoint.gif

An Ed O' Riely avatar would probably seal the deal on this contest! 27_laughing.gif

NOW THAT IS EVIL acclaim.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

"Please, Mr. O'Riely, not over the phone,..."

Tele-Tubbies!

Man I ma NEVER gonna get away from the boards tonight. Tele-Tubbies? That Sun Baby is not evil but EVE-ILL (EVE-ILL is much more evil than plain old "evil") personified! Sun Bbay makes me wish I was never born for I fear my fate whenever I gaze upon it's hideous countenance!

Yes, that cover is definitely cool! Not as blatant as some of the BA Horror Mag genre but I like that. I prefer the imagination over the in-your-face concept. thumbsup2.gif

Tele-Tubbies!

Now that's evil makepoint.gif

An Ed O' Riely avatar would probably seal the deal on this contest! 27_laughing.gif

NOW THAT IS EVIL acclaim.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

"Please, Mr. O'Riely, not over the phone,..."

Maybe now is the time to sacrifice Barney to the gods of the avatar. party.gif

Barney_the_Dinosaur_A.gif = EVIL

Torch.gif

Me too. Here's the other Gabriel cover to issue #4 by Larkin...

Haunt-of-Horror-004.jpg

Tele-Tubbies!

Man I ma NEVER gonna get away from the boards tonight. Tele-Tubbies? That Sun Baby is not evil but EVE-ILL (EVE-ILL is much more evil than plain old "evil") personified! Sun Bbay makes me wish I was never born for I fear my fate whenever I gaze upon it's hideous countenance!

Sun Baby? confused-smiley-013.gif