• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Page Quality...

41 posts in this topic

Whenever these threads come up, I wonder to myself what people think "Page Quality" exactly means with respect to the grading process at the CGC.

Does it mean that the book has a uniform PQ on every page? Does it mean a range of all colours in the book from edge to center, or is it an approximation of 'overall' PQ? Does it mean any colour change on any page?

This makes my head hurt, so I then move on to what is "white?" You could take ten books from Marvel and ten from DC that all had 'white pages' and you could get fifteen distinct colour tones. Is it that crappy newsprint from the 80s?

Hell, I dunno. I guess if you want to spend more on a book with white pages, then by all means. I suppose I am fine with CrOW if the overall look of the book itself is nice enough to fit whatever standard I am operating on with any given book

hm this resonates with me.

"What is white?" is a total brain buster. I can say this confidently having just painted the interior of our house.

I think at the end of the day I am fine with CrOW if the overall look of the book is good... but that would be BA, SA, GA... modern - I'd only expect white - because there's no real excuse for any thing else!