• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Name is Warhawk Mutants!

5 posts in this topic

Newest addition to my X-men Set :)

This came in the mail today! I was very excited to have this added to my X-men set that I am slowly trying to build. My goal is to assemble a 9.4 or higher set of all of the New X-men up to about issue 200. Most of the issues I already have and just need to submit but there are a few scattered issues below issue #110 that I need to obtain.

Generally I am all over the board with my collecting and really not very focused on any one set. I find it so much more enjoyable to just buy things on a whim (or if I get a really good bargain at a show).

I do have a number of great sets that I plan to have submitted in time for next years Registry Awards, with at least a dozen if not more easily placing as the top sets based on the current standings :)

This issue however was available on E-bay at a great price so I pulled the trigger and crossed my fingers!

Thanks for reading

14276.jpg

See more journals by Dre

That's a very nice copy. Congrats on the acquisition. I picked up a gorgeous copy of 112 at the Miami Supercon and went ahead and had George Perez and Bob Layton sign it since they were both there. I submitted it for pressing and grading. Hopefully it comes back SS9.6 or better.

But that is a nice copy as well. I look at everything from both grading and pressing and signing possibilities. So for me, I would send that baby in to the NY Masters signing coming up next month for Chris Claremont and Terry Austin, and get it pressed and re-graded. Just might pull a SS 9.6 out of that bad boy!

But that's me. Again, congrats on a great win!

Nice addition to your X-Men Set Dre!

Another piece of your puzzle is now complete! :-)

I think it's wonderful acquiring specific books for a set and to witness how it evolves over time!

I'm looking forward to reading future posts of your latest X-Men acquisitions!

-Professor Pecora

Very nice copy

At the moment I am looking to start my X-Men collection as well.

I have issues 24 and 25 out that went to SDCC for Roy Thomas signature

and 49 and 50 that was sent to Pittsburg Comic Con for Jim Steranko (before his name was mentioned for NYCC... darn!)

I picked up issue 100 at my LCS over the past weekend. Also in his display were issues 97, 98 which I may go back and purchase them providing I can get them at a lower price.